Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
mrss

Re: Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE

Postby mrss » Sun Dec 19, 2010 07:45 pm

I ended up with a c-section because DD was transverse (they were going to induce for BP until they saw her position on the U/S). With her position, my OB/GYN wasn't interested in doing a version, but I did end up with a bikini incision, not a classical incision. He really had to work to get her out, though. I could feel him moving up under my ribs and he later told me that he had to grab her by the foot and pull her down to get her near the incision. My the area around my belly button was sore for several weeks.
Michelle (38)
DH (50)
Adam 6/10/06 at 37w2d, 5 lbs. 12 oz.
Julianne 10/4/10 at 35w5d, 5 lbs. 5 oz.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Dec 17, 2010 09:39 pm

Probably they're suggesting a classical because of transverse lie, FWIW. If the little stinkers get wedged in there funny it's sometimes the safest option.

Keep us posted, Jules!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 09:49 am

jules wondering if you they are discussing classical because of breech- my son is in traverse right now too and my doc said they might need to do classical instead of horizontal depending on what position he was in as it got closer.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

angieb

Postby angieb » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 am

Why would they have to do a classic c-section? I thought those are generally only needed now if you are before 28ish weeks. Just curious.

My fingers are crossed that she decides to turn still!
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

jules2

Postby jules2 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 08:59 am

Thanks everyone - its very tedious and uncomfortable but we are both still fine. Being back on an ante-natal ward is a real test of my nerves and emotions (Alice died there), but I am coping ok. There is no question this will be my last pregnancy - my DH particularly always wanted more (and I obviously would like both my daughters to be alive) - but my body struggles too much. Will update after delivery - they were talking about classical c-section today which again sseems scary but its out of my hands today xx
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 06:39 am

thinking of you and hoping that everything turns out wonderful. At least they are watching you now
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

angieb

Postby angieb » Tue Dec 14, 2010 09:40 pm

Those girls just gotta be drama queens, don't they?!? (With Olivia I had a 4 hour ultrasound when my quad screen came back bad because she wouldn't get in a position to where they could rule out or in spina bifida, until the very end.)

I'm glad you are in the hospital where they can keep a close eye on you though, and I'm so glad that the pain wasn't PE/HELLP related! Now turn baby turn!

For what it's worth, my c-section recovery was a breeze the first time...so if you have to have one, I hope it's easy and not as bad as you expect.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Tue Dec 14, 2010 03:53 pm

Little stinker! Cant wait to see pics! Good luck!!
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

apd

Postby apd » Tue Dec 14, 2010 08:26 am

Well, congrats on making it so far. If you don't want a section, there are some things you can do. Google breech baby turning positions - my crunchy books recommend hands and knees (cat and cow yoga positions) and a modified child's pose. Couldn't hurt. Also you might be able to get an external version where the doctors turn the baby manually from the outside.

Hope regardless of how your baby comes, you have a wonderful birthday in the next week or so!

jules2

Update - admitted to hospital now but not for PE

Postby jules2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 07:30 am

Hi, just wanted to let you know I am now in hospital for the rest of pregnancy due to transverse lie - its seems that has been causing me the side pain I've been moaning about a bit. My baby has been head down and deep in the pelvis every scan from 30-36 weeks, and I've had them every 2 weeks - so I'm a bit upset the little tinker has moved around this late on after being well positioned most of the 3rd trimester. I'm glad I persisted complaining because its only that that persuaded them to do another scan today; I wasn't scheduled any more past 36 weeks as growth and everything has been good.

I didn't really want a c-section (but whatever... I don't really care that much so long as we are both ok)... but that's now booked in for next wednesday now. Good luck to everyone else x
May 2009 - Alice stillborn at 26 weeks due to severe PE and HELLP post-partum

2 early miscarriages

And then 4th pregnancy baby girl due 29th December 2010! Born safely after totally normal pregnancy on 17th December.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”