Full-term!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lucy

Re: Full-term!

Postby lucy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:40 pm

Huge congrats on hitting 37 weeks!!!
Mom of 4 living, 2 angels. www.myforeverangels.com

apd

Postby apd » Sun Feb 06, 2011 09:25 am

clairicemaala

Let's see if I can answer your questions.

Was Coenzyme 10 recomemnded to you by OB or it was just something you decided to take. I know it is good for pressure.

It was not recommended to me but my MFM thought it was just fine to take.

Also when did you start Lovenox. Was it as soon as you got pregnant or vene prior to? That is great you have no underlying hypercoagulable state but I think there are studies that Lovenox is supposedly good "to prevent pre eor at least move it to a later date.?

I started at 7 weeks when I first saw my MFM. She felts that use of Lovenox by all previously severe pre-e sufferers was probably going to be standard in the future and I really wanted to do it. So she okayed it - 40 mg a day. I went off at 36 weeks 5 days so my body would have time to get clotting back in order before delivery.

Good luck!

claricemaala

Postby claricemaala » Fri Feb 04, 2011 06:18 pm

APD,

Congratulations first of all. I have been following what women have been talikng while pregnant and I am adjusting what I am doing as well to prepare for the next pregnancy. I had pre e twice and my seconbd son was born at 31 weeks bt developed NEC on 2/1 and dies.
So I was just given thumbs up to TTC but I am still not mentally ready.
I am wondering if you cann answer some of my questions.
Was Coenzyme 10 recomemnded to you by OB or it was just something you decided to take. I know it is good for pressure.
Also when did you start Lovenox. Was it as soon as you got pregnant or vene prior to? That is great you have no underlying hypercoagulable state but I think there are studies that Lovenox is supposedly good "to prevent pre eor at least move it to a later date.?
Pls help.
i am now on PRenatal, LDA, Calcium supplemement, Folic acid, Methyldopa and Labetolol for blood pressure control

Congratulations again. There is hope!!!
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.

lizard

Postby lizard » Wed Feb 02, 2011 02:22 pm

gotcha! good luck! mine won't let me go past 41wks so i am hoping she comes on her own as well. who woulda thought i would have to worried about going past my due date! keep us posted. ;)

apd

Postby apd » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:39 am

Lizard - my OB wants to section at 39 weeks and I really don't want to have a c-section so I'm doing what I can to get my body to go on its own...

tylerlanesmommy

Postby tylerlanesmommy » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:05 pm

Congrats!!! I love hearing good news!!!
Mommy to Tyler Lane born at 34 weeks due to Severe PE. He's now my 6 year old miracle boy!Expecting Campbell Dawn 4/27/2011! So far, so good!!!

panguitch02

Postby panguitch02 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 03:21 pm

Congratulations!!! I just had a VBAC on Jan 2nd which was great!!!!! Good luck and looking forward to your birth story.
Shannon (34) & Jason (35)
Jameson 6/1/07 33 weeks to Severe PE... 5 weeks NICU
Lilah Noel 1/2/11 PIH from 19 weeks... VBAC at 40 weeks

lizard

Postby lizard » Tue Feb 01, 2011 02:09 pm

excellent!! so happy for you. i can't wait to hear your story. i am 38wks friday and it just feels like a waiting game. i really have no idea what to expect since i had a csection last time at 33wks. it feels like things are moving along and it could be anyday but ya never know! can i ask why you are doing things to start your labor right now? just curious :)

apd

Full-term!

Postby apd » Tue Feb 01, 2011 01:16 pm

Hi Ladies,

As of today, I am officially full-term (37 weeks). I had our son 3 years ago at 32 due to sudden and severe preeclampsia. With this pregnancy I took Lovenox (no underlying disorders), LDA and a pre-natal with Coenxyme Q10. At 22 weeks my doppler artery indicated that I had no uterine artery notching. Around 30 weeks I developed white coat hypertension. I got sent to L&D twice for monitoring - both times my pressures were fine. I am 60% effaced and 2 centimeters dialated. My midwife stripped my membranes today and so we're just waiting. I'm hoping to have a VBAC and have hired a doula. I'll write with our birth story (hopefully soon) but I wanted to give hope to everyone else. I had no idea how this pregnancy would turn out when we got the positive test in June 2010 - but this is really a best case scenario. I can't believe I'm not going to have a preemie!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”