Six weeks along...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
brigidmary

Re: Six weeks along...

Postby brigidmary » Sat Feb 05, 2011 03:38 pm

Thanks so much for the reply!

I do have a high risk OB now, and I feel completely comfortable with him (and the rest of his practice). They are so thorough, and conscientious, and compassionate. I really lucked out when I found them with my last pregnancy.

I also have a home BP kit, so I've been trying to take my BP every week so I can have a good baseline reference. So far it's been fine, but I'm only 6 weeks pregnant. :-)

I'm just so glad the boards are here, because I know if I need support, I'll get it.

Thanks again!
Brigid Kemmerer
Mother of two boys, ages 6 (born 33wks due to pre-E) and 2 (born 36wks due to pre-E).
Wife, mother, YA author, and admin manager. Independently supporting the coffee industry since 2007. :-)
http://www.brigidkemmerer.com

trish
Forum Moderator

Re: Six weeks along...

Postby trish » Sat Feb 05, 2011 08:12 am

Welcome back!!! I read your story & wow!!! I am so pleased to see how you stood up for yourself & your baby & got a second opinion. YOU probably saved both of your lives. Amazing! Too bad that you had to though. :(

Do you have a Dr. you trust this time? After a PE pregnancy it's a good idea to at least have consults with a peri or other high risk Dr. But, the good news is that PE is usually a disease of first pregnancies so hopefully you wouldn't get it at all. But we're a bunch of "unusual" women here, many who have had it in each pregnancy so it's possible. The good thing is you know what to look for & can be proactive this time. Do you have a BP machine to monitor at home?
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year

brigidmary

Six weeks along...

Postby brigidmary » Thu Feb 03, 2011 01:42 pm

Hi, everyone!

It's my second time here. Thanks to you guys, I was able to recognize PE back in 2007, and my son was born in May of 2007, 6 weeks early. It was a terrifying delivery, but we're all doing well now. (Here's what happened the first time around: http://brigidkemmerer.blogspot.com/2010 ... hanks.html)

What are the chances of encountering PE again? I'm with a high-risk OB now, and I'm 50 pounds heavier than I was when I got pregnant the first time. I discussed that concern with my doctor, and he's not overly concerned, though he did warn me not to gain a lot of weight with this pregnancy. Are there any statistics? Should I be worried?
Brigid Kemmerer
Mother of two boys, ages 6 (born 33wks due to pre-E) and 2 (born 36wks due to pre-E).
Wife, mother, YA author, and admin manager. Independently supporting the coffee industry since 2007. :-)
http://www.brigidkemmerer.com

Return to “Pregnant Again?”