I'm pregnant!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lucy

Re: I'm pregnant!

Postby lucy » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Congratulations, the best advice I know is honestly just to take it one day at a time heck sometimes it seems necessary to even take it one minute at a time. Hang in there!!
Mom of 4 living, 2 angels. www.myforeverangels.com

cettvm

Postby cettvm » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:55 am

Firstly, congrats on your pregnancy.. I had gone through an overwhelmingly difficult time with my first pregnancy and postpartum and after a carefully planned 5yr delay, I was expecting and now full-term! So, the truth is that these overwhelming emotions are real and very much experienced by many others like us. But when these feelings take us over, it is true that we only got ourselves (most instances) to resolve them with some confidence and try our best to look ahead and snap out of.. I cant think of a better way to say this... Keep faith. Look Ahead. Feel and Know that you have a quiet life inside you. And that you can and will be able to nurture it..

I found this forum very helpful. I didn't even have the courage to post in the forum until I was well on my way/. I just kept reading others' posts and stayed calm.
Staying calm and Taking Slow steps (one day at a time philosophy) helped get this far without breaking down. I too have a 5yr old daughter born to pre-e.

Holler and there will be many wonderful moms at your service. Take it easy. Here's wishing you the best ahead.

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Thu Feb 03, 2011 07:34 pm

Congrats on the new baby to be! I don't have answers for you as I am only 9 weeks pregnant with #2. I lost my daughter when she was five weeks old and know all to well that things can get bad very quickly. It will be a roller coaster, but my outlook is to take it one day at a time. I am putting my faith in god and my little angel above to let this baby come home to us. I also have enlisted the emotional support of friends and family right away. I feel blessed to be pregnant but like you I am numb some days and other days hopeful, and yet there are days that I am terrified! Take full advantage of these forums because the women (and men) on here are wonderful and very supportive. I honestly don't know what I would have done without many of them to talk to after losing my daughter. ( I give many thanks to all of you ladies!) ;0)
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

ktsl123

Postby ktsl123 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 02:34 pm

I am going to see a therapist when I get pregnant because I know I will get too overwhelmed.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

runninlola

I'm pregnant!

Postby runninlola » Thu Feb 03, 2011 01:56 pm

Here we go...
How strange it feels this time around, with my first pregnancy when I found out, I was filled with excitement and anticipation, after HELLP and an abruption, I must say when I peed on that stick and it came back positive, I was and still am totally numb. It's not even fear yet, or even anxiety, it's just numbness... I really wish I could fast forward 37 weeks and have my baby ready and out of the oven already.

My period is due tomorrow actually, but the test was positive as of four days ago, so I know I may be over eager, but what are some mental strategies to avoid the overwhelming emotions I know are coming as the pregnancy progresses?

Thanks gals.

DD is almost four born @30 weeks due to Hellp and abruption.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”