can't believe i am actually saying this

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cettvm

Re: can't believe i am actually saying this

Postby cettvm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:41 am

Katie, Thanks so much for writing. That is very reassuring.

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:21 am

That IS awesome!!! I was induced @ 39 weeks just to be on the safe side in preg#2 w/ NO PE. I was ready/not ready/ready - just wanting the best for baby. It worked out GREAT! Best wishes to you and can't wait to see pictures!!!! :D
Katie, married to Doug. Mom to Fiona Elizabeth, stillborn June 21, 2008 @ 26w; Severe Preeclampsia. Loved. Kyle James, born October 29, 2009 @ 39w; Healthy and PE Free!!! Josephine, born Nov.17, 2011 @ 39w; PE free again. Woot!

cettvm

Postby cettvm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:19 am

So nice to see your immediate response. Yes, I too am not worried about the wait but the doctors are insistent that because of prior pre-e and my autoimmune hypothyroidism, they cannot let me wait past 40wks. That is a bit disconcerting since I really wanted this to go the natural route (especially having come this far!). I am counting on the full moon too!
Lots of good wishes your way.... Take care Lizard..

lizard

Postby lizard » Tue Feb 15, 2011 09:11 am

hey cettvm!
Feels weird to be scheduled for an induction i bet. I can't be induced since my first was a csection. so i have a scheduled csection for the 24th if she doesn't come before. i am so hoping she does though. her due date is friday which is also a full moon so i am hoping...:) so far nothing. a few braxton hicks contractions but that's it. I am still feeling great just trying to be patient!! it's so hard! ever since i hit 37 wks people say things like "oh any day now" so for the last 3 wks i have been thinking she should come. but really, she isn't even full term till friday! i need to chill out. just let it happen. it's hard to let go and has been a good for me to not have control. but i am anxious for the journey! so glad to hear you are well. keep me posted!!!

cettvm

Postby cettvm » Tue Feb 15, 2011 08:25 am

Lizard, I am scheduled for induction on 21st (40 wks). No sign of labor yet. How are you?
It is not so much that I am tired of the wait but rather that I am anxious about what contractions will feel like or what induction will mean etc.
I sure hope my boy comes before I am induced...Let me know how you are doing. Hope all well..

lizard

Postby lizard » Thu Feb 10, 2011 09:42 am

cettvm! good to hear from you. how wonderful for you as well. we are so close! unreal isn't it? i can't wait to hear some good news from you and share mine as well. i hope we are encouraging for others. i always felt inspiration when i saw others made it this far. yeah for us!!

cettvm

Postby cettvm » Thu Feb 10, 2011 09:37 am

Lizard, Its me! I too am feeling exactly what you are!
I am 39 weeks this coming Monday. I too am scheduled for induction the week after (at 40 wks).
I too cannot believe that I have reached this far and that I am hoping my little boy would would come before he is asked to move out!
What an anticlimactic situation :) I have tons of writing to finish before he comes so I am not even able to get out there and walk!

Hope to share our news soon. Take care.

lizard

Postby lizard » Wed Feb 09, 2011 12:16 am

i was 33wks with my first. he was about 3lbs and stayed in the NICU for a month. totally fine just small. he is 3.5 now and doing great. so this has beena huge accomplishment for me! i wasn't going to "help things along" but i am actually ready to do that now! i have been walking a ton. thanks for the kudos!

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:54 am

That is awesome! Exciting with the VBAC too. How far along were you with your last pregnancy?

I have a friend who tried to "help things along" before her husband was shipped off again in the military. She drank castor oil, but I don't know that I'd recommend that! It did work though. I think I'd try walking first. ;)
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

lizard

can't believe i am actually saying this

Postby lizard » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:20 am

So here i am at almost 39wks and ready to have this baby. i wished and hoped i would get fat and uncomfortable and i did. now i am done. although i want her to stay in for as long as she needs to without going to 41wks! it's funny, this society starts expecting the baby to come any minute once you hit 37wks. I am like "people! i still have 3 wks!". i would like to have a VBAC but a csection again it is if we get to 41. they even put me on the schedule for a csection in case. that was kinda weird for me. never in my wildest dreams did i imagine i would make it here but i did and everyday i am grateful. i am still in disbelief i will be bringing home a baby that could be 7lbs! here's to hoping she comes before 41wks!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”