No morning sickness. Is that bad?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cmccaffrey

Re: No morning sickness. Is that bad?

Postby cmccaffrey » Fri Oct 19, 639240 11:50 pm

I thought I would get out of my last pregnancy without morning sickness, but I had horrible nausea starting around 8 weeks and then around 12 weeks the puking started. It was lovely, let me tell you. I actually lost weight until I was around 18 weeks and then I gained it all back and then some because of the preeclampsia. I hope you don't get too nauseous because it really interferes with work or at least it did with me because I was a kindergarten teacher and all that bending over, getting up and down and smelling their yucky snacks and lunches drove me INSANE. I just drank water constantly and ate saltines and cereal. Cheerios and wheaties were my best friends.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Fri Oct 19, 639240 11:27 pm

I think I just had my first morning sickness episode. No vomiting, just nausea. I kind felt like vomiting, but I didn't. It lasted for about half an hour.

Saltines and Sprite abated it.

I don't know how you ladies did it. Especially the ones who had hyperemesis gravidarum. Yuck!
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Sep 26, 639240 11:51 am

Hey there. I don't have puking this time either and I'm H-A-P-P-Y about that! I puked everyday with my previous pregnancies and fully expected it this time, but so far, so good :0) I'm almost 17 weeks right now and so far baby has been great at every appt. It truly must be different for every pregnancy. I've had three children and two miscariages and am currently pregnant. All three kids I puked my guts out all the way through pushing them out! With my two miscarriages I was only mildly nauseous so I thought there was something to that, but this baby is doing great and I haven't puked at all.........hope that helps you feel a little better :0)

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Sun Aug 12, 639240 4:25 am

Just LDA. I have metformin for my PCOS. I will continue that through pregnancy. It was recommended by me general endo. Plus I also read an article about Metformin providing some protection from IUGR. I never had IUGR, but hey, it helps and it's safe to take during pregnancy. I'm taking a prenatal, folic acid, and colace (docusate sodium) to move things along.
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox

fineolin

Postby fineolin » Sat Aug 11, 639240 11:17 pm

Jasmine,

Just curious, what is your doctors treatment plan for this pregnancy? ie, LDA, Lovenox, extra supplements?
Marjorie (39)
Miscarriage at 8 weeks (2006)
Had to terminate pregnancy at 22.5 weeks, July 2010 , due to Pre-e.
Miss my baby girl, Hailey rose everyday. I will never give up.
Pregnant again, due in July. Dear God, I leave it in your hands. I feel so blessed.
Miscarried at 8.5 weeks. Devastated and Sad.

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Sat Aug 11, 639240 6:25 pm

I've noticed that I get nauseous with smells. But I don't even know if that counts. It was the same thing in my last pregnancy. I would feel mildly nauseated, but never got to the vomiting part.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Tue Jul 31, 639240 1:48 am

I actually get evening sickness, instead of morning, but it's just nausea and not throwing up. (which I'm thankful for - mine is SO mild compared to my friend at church that is due a week before me.) But this is definitely half the level it was with my twin boys and it comes and goes. I know plenty of girls at church that just sail through the whole pregnancy with no sickness at all, so I wouldn't worry if it never shows up. but it is true that a lot of people don't feel it until sometime between 6 & 8 weeks (so you still might :) ). If not, just be thankful!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

hols537

Postby hols537 » Mon Jul 30, 639240 4:58 pm

I wouldn't let it stress you. I didn't have "real" morning sickness with either of my pregnancies. I just had a general blah feeling for a few weeks each time, but nothing I'd even call "nausea". I know it's hard not to worry about everything, but no morning sickness can be normal (and then I believe it's called "lucky").
Holly
DS 1 - 2/26/07 (32 weeks, Severe PE, IUGR, Oligo)
DS 2 - 9/13/08 (38 weeks, Folgard, Lovenox, 17P, No PE)

pipper

Postby pipper » Fri Jul 20, 639240 6:33 am

I read that 50% get it, 50% don't. Seriously, don't wish it on yourself! Hugging your toilet all day and night isn't all it's cracked up to be.
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!

SeattleMom

Postby SeattleMom » Thu Jul 19, 639240 7:51 pm

I haven't had morning sickness with either of my pregnancies.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”