anyone here pregnant and on lovenox??

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: anyone here pregnant and on lovenox??

Postby aajatwins » Tue Sep 08, 639243 10:01 am

redheadsrule,
I'm right behind you - I'll be 12 weeks on sunday. I don't know anything about the clotting disorders, so this is just about the induction. My OB said there is no point in pushing me past 39 weeks because that is full term, so she will induce then as long as there's no PE or anything crazy going on. To me, if everything is going well, I don't see the harm in a week, but we all know how fast this thing can move. My OB and I talked about a VBAC and she said "maybe." She actually said if all the stars align for me, then maybe. In my last pregnancy, I was at the eclampsia door at the start of induction and should never have been allowed to labor with pressures as high as they were. But because I seized and was unresponsive after my water was broken, it turned into emergency c-section. So my OB would understandably prefer to not have all the drama repeated simply for me to have a vaginal birth. And I can't complain too much about a delivery that I will actually remember. But yeah, I guess they have to weigh the risks of letting us progress and feeling helpless vs. bringing us in and being right there if something goes wrong.

I definitely feel for you, though. I had so hoped to go into labor on my own and have a vaginal birth - now I'm not sure it will ever happen for me :( Best wishes to you.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

redheadsrule

Postby redheadsrule » Mon Sep 07, 639243 4:56 pm

Hi everyone,

This past August I lost my baby at 32 weeks due to PE and HELLP syndrome. Since then I had all the blood work done and found out I also have Factor V Leiden.

I am now 12 weeks pregnant. So far so good. I am currently on Lovinox, twice a day and baby asprin.

I am being monitored by a High Risk MFM Dr. and an OB. My OB has told me that if everything goes well he wants a planned induction at 39 weeks because of concerns around the blood thinners and placental obruption. I am wondering for those of you on Lovinox if all of your Dr's are requesting induction, assuming everything goes well?? I had hoped to have a natural birth if somehow I got through this without a re-occurrence of the PE or HELLP but maybe I am not thinking of the potential dangers well enough and should consider the induction? The thing is that with induction my % rate of C-Section is much higher and C-sections also have a large amount of risks for those of us on blood thinners too??

Any thoughts?

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Fri Dec 28, 639240 12:52 am

Hi This is my third pregnancy, my first one was 15 yrs ago, I was 25 wks and developed eclampsia. Then I got pregnant 1 yr ago and developed preeclampsia at 23 weeks.

This time around Im pregnant Im 21 weeks and am on Lovenox. On my other two preg drs did not watch me closely and was not given any meds.Hopefully this time the lovenox can allow me to go a little further.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

firefly1v

Postby firefly1v » Mon Dec 17, 639240 3:18 pm

Hi, I am pregnant again and on Lovenox. I am 40 yrs old and just got approval to try for my second after severe eclampsia 12 years ago. I had complete renal failure and was in a coma for 3 weeks. I threw a clot to the placenta and it abrupted at 1 day short of 30 weeks. I had been in the hospital for 3 weeks already before this for preeclampsia symptoms. I had an emergency C-section and my son was born at 2lb 4oz. We were both lucky enough to pull through and he is now 12 and doing great. We were told before now not to have more kids because they didn't know what caused my eclampsia. We only found out in end of 2009 that I have Factor V and II. Which the High Risk OB now believes was the cause of the problems with my first pregnancy. The high risk doctor I am going to was my doctor 12 years ago to. He said that with what they know now I should be alright this time. My age is more of an issue than anything.

I am currently 11 weeks and was started on Lovenox at 8 wks when the pregnancy was confirmed by the OB. No aspirin because it can stunt the growth in the first trimester. My blood pressure has been good and I have felt great other than morning sickness and not sleeping. :P They do have me taking 2000mg extra calcium due to the Lovenox can cause osteoporosis. I take 2 - 1000mg Tums a day. I still treat myself as a very high risk and sit with my feet up as much as possible and nap when I can. Eat a very, very low sodium (to no salt) and all natural diet as possible. Lots of fruit and veggies. My nutritionist is a holistic and she feels that eating as natural as possible will also help to keep the blood pressure down and help the body to have to work less to filter out the junk by only eating natural. I try to do organic but am not a nut about it and yes in a pinch I will eat out. I go in on 4/8 for the first Ultrasound to see if the baby's growth is on target. Have heard the heart beat twice now (8 and 10 wks) and it was 140 the 1st time and improved to 180 the second time. The OB said that that was excellent. They have been following me very closely and have been very happy with how I am doing.

I believe if you find the right Dr's to work with, that make you feel comfortable and confident, that using the Lovenox will seem like nothing. I actually feel safer using it. Like it is an extra boost to ensure the health of me and my baby. It does suck having to do the shots every day and yes it does sting for a few seconds to minutes after but if it gives you a healthy baby in the end it is all worth it. Hey if I can do it again after almost dying and feel safe, I would hope you would try again. I wish you the best of luck!!! I will try to post an update after next week appt.

Kristy

Cody 5/17/99 2lbs 4oz eclampsia - now 12 years
2nd due 10/18/11
Kristy

Cody 5/17/99 2lbs 4oz eclampsia - now 12 years
2nd due 10/18/11

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Dec 06, 639240 9:30 am

Hi.Thank you for your answers. I am so scared to try again after losing our baby boy. Benjamin lived 4 months in the nicu so the thought of all of it and being so sick....YIKES! We have no other children though. The docs don't seem to know what to do with me either. I have seen 2 MFM's 2 Ob's and 2 Hematologists all said something different.Take LDA,don't take it,take lovenox,don't take it,take LDA and lovenox!!!!! UGH! Confusing!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

pipper

Postby pipper » Thu Dec 06, 639240 4:05 am

I started Lovenox this time when they detected the heartbeat with an ultrasound, which was 6 weeks, and I think last time I was around 8 weeks. My doctor said my dose (40mgs) is the normal prophylactic amount since I haven't ever actually had a blood clot. The one doctor I see was telling me that Lovenox isn't usually given at all anymore if you haven't had a blood clot, but since I had such severe HELLP and pe my first pregnancy, resulting in fetal demise, that it was ok for me to be on it. It's weird how in just one year, opinions change about things...for my pregnancy last year, they didn't question whether I should be on it for one second. I have two underlying clotting disorders- Protein S deficiency and Factor V Leiden.. (no doctor ever knows what to do with me, they're always baffled and always seem scared which does a real number on my confidence.) I'm not on Asprin, though I do see a ton of women on here that are on it with Lovenox.
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!

claricemaala

Postby claricemaala » Wed Dec 05, 639240 12:55 am

Pipper, Confratulations!!
I have some few questions for you?
how soon did yoyr doctor start you on LOvenox? Is there a standard dose ? Did you take it with or without underlying clotting disorder? Are you on anything else like Aspirin?
Mom to 6 year old. Born at 33 1/2 weeks after preeclampsia and abruptio placenta.
Angel boy -Michael- born 2/1/2010 at 31 weeks. Had pre eclampsia and hospital bedrest at 27 weeks. Died due to NEC. Forever loved and missed
Rainbow baby due Feb 2012. Hoping for a looooonnnnnnngggg uneventful pregnancy.

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Sat Nov 24, 639240 1:52 pm

i was on lovenox with carter and made it to 36 weeks 4 days. no pe :)
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

pipper

Postby pipper » Tue Oct 09, 639240 5:30 am

I was on Lovenox in my last pregnancy and I just started it last week for this one. Things went well last time (I didn't have super high expectations, so making it to 34 weeks, and having a baby that survived and was even healthy was a dream come true for me), and I'm crossing my fingers for this one (only about 7weeks along). Good luck with trying again, whenever you decide to do so. There is hope!
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Sep 27, 639240 6:15 am

I found a site called lovely lovenox ladies thought it may be helpful for you as well. These ladies seem to be able to answer so many questions about lovenox! thanks for answering my post!
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

Return to “Pregnant Again?”