contractions an hour appart with high bp at 25 weeks!!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
celticepona

Re: contractions an hour appart with high bp at 25 weeks!!!

Postby celticepona » Mon Aug 23, 639249 4:16 pm

Ive been getting crazy braxton hicks, and last week I went to l&d thinking I was in labor when it was contractions caused by a UTI. I agree to take it easy and stay as hydrated as possible. Good luck and keep us posted!
Amy. DH Rich.
Emily born 04/01/04 @ 37 weeks. 5.bs 15 oz. Severe PE. Strict leftside bedrest 3 weeks before delivery, 2 weeks postpartum. Postpartum PE.
Isabelle born 04/19/08 @ 37 weeks. 6lbs 9 oz. PE. Under care of high risk peri and bp meds throughout preg.
IT'S A GIRL! Faith Michelle" due 06/18/11. Under care of high risk peri. On Aldomet for bps and antinausea meds.

lornarose

Postby lornarose » Sun Aug 22, 639249 6:17 pm

Rooting for you and baby Emy. I hope everything calms for you over the next few days. I had contractions at about week 26 but they mysteriously stopped and nothing more. You poor pet saying you feel,'useless'. I know it's hard but please don't feel this way about yourself. You are a very brave lady and you are doing all the best things for your little girl. I really hope things settle for you. I know I'm not a doc but your bp's figures do not seem to be in the frightening range at all. I know they are higher than your baseline but not too bad at all. Wishing you love and strength. hope your headaches are easing also.Can you ask people around you for help with anything? You would be surprised how kind most people are and would be delighted to help out. Sending you cyber hugs.xx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.

holly3372@msn.com

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sun Aug 22, 639249 8:17 am

Just read this.thinking of you and baby Hope all stays stable and baby can keep cooking as long as possible. xo
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sun Aug 22, 639249 7:45 am

All my Christina...I just got online...have not been on for a while. I'm glad everything is ok. Just take it easy.....drink plenty of water. Try to rest its the best...make sure you lay on your left side when you go to bed...for better blood flow that is what my goal is 30 wks. Its hard because you are at 25 wks and I was always on panic mode..and ended at the labor delivery around that time. 28 wks is a good place to be. Take baby steps so that you dt stress yourself...say to urself need to get to 28 then 30 and so on. I will keep you in my prayers as well.
But plz keep us posted.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Thu Aug 12, 639249 8:59 am

Ugh - Definitely sounds like just the situation of driving to so many appts and the stress of it could be pushing the headaches over the limit for you. At least she's moving around a lot! Update us again after your appt tomorrow.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

christina89

Postby christina89 » Thu Aug 12, 639249 8:41 am

Hi, so were doing ok today, I have been having body aches and headaches. The headaches hardly go away with Tylenol. My bp is bouncing around high then low. I have been under some stress. I'm going to see my dr again tomorrow for my weekly check up and I'm hoping we can figure out these head aches. Baby Emy is moving around a lot today and its a wonderful feeling. I have no swelling at this point. I have actually only gained 12 lbs this pregnancy so far that's a nice feeling as well I gained so much last time even before the swelling set in. 27 weeks is my next goal but I'm really hoping for over 30. I'm 25 weeks 3 days! So 4 more days till 26. All of this is so stressful I have so many appointments and most of them are 3 and a half hours away and my husband works soooo much and money is tight because of all the traveling and I haven't been able to working since 6 weeks pregnant. Now I also have appointments in the other city beside us and that's an hour away. Starting now I have them all weekly. Its going to be so tough! So I'm kinda hoping that's what all these headaches are from. Because there pretty bad

mymiracles2

Postby mymiracles2 » Wed Aug 11, 639249 5:15 am

My oldest was delivered via emergency c-section at 24 weeks - they had her due date wrong and therefore resuscitated her. They thought she was 26 weeks. She is a very strong little girl today and has fought many odds. Good luck to you and remember that they may be little but the are resilient!

frogibe

Postby frogibe » Tue Aug 10, 639249 6:28 pm

I am sooooo happy that you are home! You poor thing! The last thing you needed to deal with was all of these bumps! Stay rested ( watch lots of movies, read mags, and invite friends to come visit!), and drink drink drink!!! I am praying for you and your little girl!;0) Hugs!
Jennifer(30) Chronic Hypertensive
mommy to Kelsie born 1-10-10 from severe pre-e and HELLP at 28wks.
grew her wings on 2-14-10 due to NEC.
and to Josephine born 8-4-11 at 35wks. due to low amniotic fluid, but PE and HELLP FREE!!!! I kicked PRE-E in the behind!!!!!
Surprise! We added a third baby girl, Amelia born on 4-26-2013 at 36.4 wks. via scheduled c-section. PRE-free!

kerisue
Forum Moderator

Postby kerisue » Sun Aug 01, 639249 12:42 am

Glad you're home and stable! Rest up, keep that girl in there for another couple months.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Sat Jul 31, 639249 9:05 pm

Oh my goodness. I'm so sorry to hear all of that. I can't believe you actually stroked and weren't told about it - that's awful.
My uterus was also "irritable" in my last pregnancy and I did go into preterm labor at 28/29 weeks. It was stopped (or slowed incredibly) with the Mag and hospital stay because they wanted me to get to 32 weeks - I made it to 36. So I am praying you will also make it longer than expected! Did they give you anything to stop the contractions? or did they just stop on their own?
Seriously take it easy. It sounds like you need to be resting and hydrating as much as possible.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

Return to “Pregnant Again?”