Ok perhaps TMI..but question about the mucous plug?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Ok perhaps TMI..but question about the mucous plug?

Postby aajatwins » Tue Sep 27, 2011 02:55 pm

I just had a convo with a friend about this today!! She is 29 weeks and thinks she probably lost hers the other night. She talked to her OB's nurse about it and evidently it can be colored or not, but it's usually more "bloody" colored the closer to delivery you are. (possible TMI, but she said hers was more just fleshy colored) Also, she said most people lose theirs in parts and that's why they tell you to expect more thick discharge starting around 37 weeks - that's the mucous plug! Also why they say to tell your OB if you have an increase in discharge earlier than like 34 weeks or whatever. I wish they would actually tell us about these things so we don't freak out over them! I have never heard that from anyone else, but I'm sure glad to know it now! Hope that helps!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

christina89

Postby christina89 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:41 pm

Hey. I went into natural labor a day shy of 36 weeks and I lost my plug I think around 33 weeks Dr said its perfectly normal to lose it weeks before labor. Can't wait for a few more weeks to hear your story.

steffthomas

Postby steffthomas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 05:18 pm

LMAO! I told my husband last night "um well this might be too much information for you but I'm pretty sure I'm losing my mucous plug" I really thought he'd be grossed out..his "oh thank God this should move right along like normal" response was a little much lol

uncskristy

Postby uncskristy » Mon Sep 26, 2011 04:29 pm

With my first, I saw some of the nasty mucus plug stuff around 38.5 weeks but then never went into labor on my own by 40 weeks, two days so I really think you would be fine if you waited until your appt to ask. I remember feeling like such a guy by yelling for my husband to come look at what was in the toliet :)
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005

steffthomas

Ok perhaps TMI..but question about the mucous plug?

Postby steffthomas » Mon Sep 26, 2011 09:18 am

Ok..so since I was induced early last time I'm not really up on what happens after 32 weeks lol except from what I learned in nursing school and quite honestly--experience is better than school when it comes to pregnancy.
So. Give me the down low on this whole mucous plug ordeal? Because I googled what it color it was supposed to be (I have been freaking out a little for the past week or so but completely forgot to ask my doctor since I'm so darn preoccupied with my BP when I'm at the dr) and I'm pretty sure I've been losing the mucous plug in bits over the last week and a half or so..So at 35 weeks, would that be a normal thing? I haven't had the "bloody show," if you will..but have had mucous. Ew what a gross word lol. Anyhow, I know that it's not like I'm going to be definitely going into labor in the next few days or anything, but at 35 and 3, would this be something to be concerned about and call the doc? Or should I wait for my appt? I have no clue what to expect here!!!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”