tired of always being nervous.. need to vent

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
hypergirl_trlee

Re: tired of always being nervous.. need to vent

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 07:45 pm

I cannot tell you how much all of your posts meant to me.. I really really appreciate you taking the time to write your feelings down and it is so nice to know that I am not just plain crazy. I am sorry you are all feeling the same as me but at the same time it's nice to be around people that have the same fears and have learned to deal with them. I don't think anyone else can truly understand unless it has happened to them. Not even close family members. It was very traumatizing and I know how fortunate both my baby and I were. I will definitley try some of the techniques mentioned. It does seem to get worse at night when I am laying down and can't sleep!!

kbunsey

Postby kbunsey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 06:54 pm

It probably is PTSD (I'm not a doc so can't diagnose you - but given your circumstance) - I had it in Preg #2. All of my docs told me that it was normal given my circumstances of Preg#1 and thankfully they all gave me really good care. My doc still looks for it and is very attentive in case it creeps up in this preg. I got back into counseling early on in this preg when some things did come up (example I was really off/angry/bitchy when I found out I was having another girl) and so I try to keep everything in check b/c PTSD on the loose - YIKES! It makes my life really messy.

It is tiring and it is work to manage PTSD in subsequent pregnancies. The only suggestions I have are rest, give yourself a break and be kind to you, get support, vent when you need to, try some relaxation techniques, get some therapy, acupuncture, massage, meditation, yoga, walks - whatever works for you! I tried anything and everything to find relief. What would have been really great was a glass of wine! ;-) Try distraction as was suggested in an earlier reply but always remember that you are not crazy - it is traumatic to have Preeclampsia - a life threatening illness. Major medical events change people in different ways. I know someone who had a storke and all of our friends agree that hie is cranky now/less patient. Well, I read and asked the doctors and found out that is a normal stroke survivor side-effect. Same w/ PE - it changes us. And we just figure out how to work with it and do the best we can.

Remember, above all - be nice to you!
Katie, married to Doug. Mom to Fiona Elizabeth, stillborn June 21, 2008 @ 26w; Severe Preeclampsia. Loved. Kyle James, born October 29, 2009 @ 39w; Healthy and PE Free!!! Josephine, born Nov.17, 2011 @ 39w; PE free again. Woot!

cmccaffrey

Postby cmccaffrey » Mon Oct 03, 2011 04:43 pm

yeah, I am so nervous and worried all the time. I try to do a lot of deep relaxation techniques, but sometimes I am just have to step back, say a prayer and realize... I am not in control. Man is that so hard for me. My therapist has told me on several occasions that when my worried thoughts are just to much, just stop and do something different. Like if I am in bed, get up and walk around or get up and cook something or go do some laundry or watch a disney movie. Just keep myself occupied with things that don't matter. If I do that eventually I can calm myself down enough to get back to resting or whatever else I was doing before. It's a strange tactic, but it really helps. Also about enjoying the pregnancy... I understand that completely! We lost our first baby, so it's very hard for me to feel like I am waiting for bad stuff to happen all over again. I try to say three things to myself every day that I am so thankful for in regards to this pregnancy. Some days I am literally in tears trying to come up with something because I am so emotionally drained thinking about the bad stuff, but writing them down or saying them out loud makes me realize that I am SO glad to have this precious time with this baby.

Anyways, sorry to ramble on and on about stuff that might not even be helpful, but I get it and I'm so sorry!
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

jean

Postby jean » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:53 am

I hear ya...I'm right there feeling the same way. I think it's PTSD. And our first son died, so I think that fuels the worry for me..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

hypergirl_trlee

tired of always being nervous.. need to vent

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Mon Oct 03, 2011 00:13 am

I feel like I am nervous all the time and always thinking about what could go wrong with me and my little bean. I wish I could just relax and enjoy being pregnant but I really mentally CANNOT!! I had a terrifying first experience so early at 28 weeks. My monkey is alive and well now.. and then I delivered my second at 36 weeks with no pre e. I get so nervous, though, because I know that anything can happen. I am still a high risk patient even though my second pregnancy turned out so well. I get so scared, obviously, that the baby won't make it.. But I am also terrified that something could happen to me and I wouldn't be around for the girls that I do have. I get so stressed out about it that I cry sometimes. I really thought I was going to be more calm this time around but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen. Sorry, just needed to vent...

Return to “Pregnant Again?”