Possible induction tomorrow

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
blythe

Re: Possible induction tomorrow

Postby blythe » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:01 am

Good luck! As someone who has had three 37-week inductions and loves the HYPITAT study, I would happily have a baby where you're at right now. *Your* choice is between you and your doctor, but if it helps, ask them their opinion of HYPITAT in your case (large study that recommends induction at 37+ weeks for any hypertensive issues in pregnancy) for *your* particular case.

http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lance ... 4/abstract
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH

uncskristy

Postby uncskristy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:53 am

It sounds like you are in good hands with your OB so I would try not to stress too much.
And nope its not bad at all to be hoping that there is just enough to induce. I am 35 weeks and two days right now and so over being pregnant :)
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Thu Oct 06, 2011 08:44 pm

Sorry to hear it's going downhill, but so glad you'll be 38 weeks. I would be saying the same thing in your shoes! I'm at the same want-it-to-be-over stage and I don't even have any PE symptoms or anything going on. I just keep thinking how much I need to be walking to induce labor on my own... let us know how it goes!!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

steffthomas

Possible induction tomorrow

Postby steffthomas » Thu Oct 06, 2011 05:40 pm

So had my 37 week check up today. Had some protein in the urine ugh..never had that before at the Docs office..and a higher BP. I didn't ask what it was. It's one of those if I knew how high, I'd stress about it. Doc was concerned enough to tell me that after my 24 hr urine is turned in tomorrow, if the protein is anywhere over 300, even 301, they are going to induce. I'm excited because I'm full term today! But I'm scared to death because I feel like maybe I should have asked what my BP was. Then again I trust my dr and I know she would have sent me to the hospital to be monitored if she would have felt like it was necessary. Is it awful to maybe want a little extra protein? I'm so ready for this pregnancy to be done. I took my BP here and it was 144/94, then 133/85, although I did just get done crying lol I'm a bit emotional. I'm also scared about PP Pre e...ugh... I don't feel at all like I did with Emma, but now I'm scared. I was up for like 4 hours (not even exaggerating!) with heartburn..I told the doc and she's like are you sure it's not epigastric pain? She was a little concerned but quite honestly I really feel like it was just heartburn.. ahhh scary. I am terrified that something is going to happen to me. My little peanut is fine-I know she'll be fine--I just want to be fine too

Return to “Pregnant Again?”