Huge headache, floaters,swelling,high BP....

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
uncskristy

Re: Huge headache, floaters,swelling,high BP....

Postby uncskristy » Thu Jul 06, 639262 12:50 am

I can not believe that they are not doing something. Just keep going until they realize that they need to do something. Keep us updated
Kristy
Mommy of Three Boys- Davis 10/4/2007(No PE, overbaked at 40wks, 2 days),
Cooper 5/20/2010-5/21/2010 (born too early at 24wks, 2 days due to severe PE) and
Blaine 10/11/11 (35wks, 6 days, mild but quick moving PE)
Wife to Matthew since 6/11/2005

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Huge headache, floaters,swelling,high BP....

Postby aajatwins » Thu Jul 06, 639262 12:27 am

girl, you just keep going back to the hospital and doc until they do something. I never had bloodwork done, but I also *never* spilled protein. My BP started so low that it never got to diagnostic levels until I was seizing during my induction. I would not be comfortable walking around with those symptoms and pressures that high! PIH had different diagnostic requirements from PE (although, I don't know what they are) and is just as dangerous for you and baby. Is your OB not concerned???
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

pipper

Huge headache, floaters,swelling,high BP....

Postby pipper » Wed Jul 05, 639262 7:00 pm

for a whole week now and still not diagnosed with PE. I'm 35 weeks and 3 days. Out of the last 7 days, I've been to the hospital or my appointments at the hospital 5 times with labs drawn up each time. They keep mentioning that everything is "perfect"...and "unusually perfect" and several nurses have said that all my symptoms are in my head. One midwife at the hospital told me that a headache that doesn't go away,blood pressure over 140/90, blurry vision or seeing floating lights...doesn't really mean anything is wrong. ::sigh:: My first born died because I ignored those signs, now I'm being told to basically ignore them again. Basically, nothing is "bad enough" to treat, but my blood pressure is freaking me out. It's been hovering around 150/100 for days now...isn't that crazy high to not even be put on bedrest or anything? Does anyone have a similar experience with this-feeling worse and worse every single day and labs keep coming back that you are just peachy keen? I'm frustrated.
me-25 years old
dh-31 years old
Baby Biko, here and gone Nov.28,2008 at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.
Remy born Feb.4,2010 at 34 weeks (3 lbs 10 oz) due to Preeclampsia. Lovely and so healthy!
Balu born Oct.21,2011 at 37 week. PE and HELLP free!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”