baby's measurements

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
lornarose

Re: baby's measurements

Postby lornarose » Sun Sep 24, 639262 7:56 pm

I was at a wedding last weekend. The girl I was sitting next to, told me that her baby's weight was 95 percentile and length was 5 percentile. She showed me pictures and the baby just looked plump but cute. I think if they were concerned, your providers would have told you something was up. I would say everything is okay. Good luck.xx
Momma to Emma born 34wplus 3 ,October, 2010,due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.In NICU due to low birth weight and suspected sepsis, home after nearly 4 weeks.

miamibunnie

Postby miamibunnie » Sat Sep 02, 639262 5:52 am

Hey Jean so happy for you that the time is getting close. Don't worry about that if your dr said its ok just take it easy. Almost all babys are born with there head slightly bigger than their body parts. My baby had a big head when born but then in a few weeks things started to grow all normal and balanced. Don'tget worry because then your BP will rise :) just get lots of rest and this is the time that your baby will start to grow faster and gain its weight.
Lisette 37 Hubby 37
Lisette 36 / Luis 36
1996 25 weeker due to Eclampsia with seizures daughter alive today 15 yrs old " Julyzah Caridad"
2010 23 weeker due to severe preeclampsia my angel left us

2011/27/July we beat preeclampsia and made it to 36.5 weeks 6lbs 1oz baby girl "Kendall Lauren " pe-free just bp started acting up.
Thanks to God, my doctor, Lovenox and Lda.

lizard

Postby lizard » Fri Sep 01, 639262 1:52 am

my friend's baby's head measure waaaaay big the whole pregnancy and her babe came out totally proportional and fine.

jean

Postby jean » Mon Aug 21, 639262 7:29 am

Yeah, I'm due in Dec. I so hope you are right! I don't wanna worry about stuff like this! (There's enough to worry about with possible HELLP/pre-e looming around the corner at any given time!)
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Mon Aug 21, 639262 7:19 am

You are due in December, right? (can't see your signature now) After about week 35, babies put on all of their fat and weight. They gain about a 1/2lb a week after that. So your baby is not to the "filling out" stage yet. I think most/all babies measure that way and probably all will have big head measurements compared to the body. Next time you get an u/s, ask the tech about it. Mine are always really nice to share what they know, if they have time (most take the time to anyway).
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

jean

Postby jean » Mon Aug 21, 639262 4:23 am

Ok...but he should catch up and things should fix themselves? I didn't know if this meant that he would be a "little person" (not sure how else to put that) or have downs syndrome, or if this was a normal thing.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

christina89

Postby christina89 » Mon Aug 21, 639262 3:51 am

Hey! In my experience your baby will have a big head and small legs. My daughters measurements were like that to and when she was born the dr said that those measurements were a little off but she was still soooo cute and she's 8 weeks 4 weeks corrected now and she's caught up to her head! By 5 weeks 1 week corrected she looked like a normal baby lol before she looked like a cute little bobble head. Everything will work out! I'm so excited foir you can't wait till we hear your news!

jean

baby's measurements

Postby jean » Sun Aug 20, 639262 11:24 pm

We had an ultrasound a few weeks ago, and baby was measuring a week ahead...but some of these body measurements concern me..his head measured in the 90th percentile, whereas his femur was in the 17th....
Does this mean I'm going to have a really out of proportion baby with a big head and small legs? :(

Return to “Pregnant Again?”