Post Reply FAQ Members Login

protein in urine and elevated BP at 8 weeks?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

protein in urine and elevated BP at 8 weeks?

Postby Jax2011 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 06:57 am

So I had my 2nd apt today and we are 8 weeks pregnant. I had pre-e with my son which lead me to deliver at 30 weeks in 2010. My dr did a bunch of labs before we concieved and said my liver and kidney blood work came back perfect so there was no extended damage from the pre-e with my son. With all that said, I have been monitoring my bp at home and its been around 120/70s. Today we go in and my bp was 135/84 and I had +1 protiein in my urine. I kept telling them I take my bp at home its not that high and they re took it and got the same number. My dr is having us do a 24 hour urine collection at home to get a baseline but Im still concerned. My last pregnancy was great up until 26 weeks and this one is already starting early. My dr said if I had this exact same bp and protein at 24 weeks with my history I would be put on hospital bedrest. I have a constant headache like I did with my son which reminds me of a bp headache. Other than that I dont have any other signs of elevated bp.

I have tried to do some research but everything I have found refers to signs coming after the 20 week mark. I am going to start testing my urine at home too along with my bp to monitor it but has anyone else had this happen to them this early? I have a feeling bedrest is only a matter of time.
Momma to DS born 30+3 at 2lbs 10oz to pre-e.
Baby #2 due in July 2012.... crossing our fingers for a pre-e free pregnacny!
Jax2011

Re: protein in urine and elevated BP at 8 weeks?

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Wed Dec 07, 2011 07:47 am

I have only had one pregnancy that ended with pre-e delivery at 26 weeks but I just want you to know I am thinking of you and hope all is ok. Please keep us posted on how things go
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby Rbrown2010 » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:08 am

Hi Jax... I am in a similar scenario at 6 weeks with a protein level of 212 after delivering my son at 31 weeks due to HELLP. How did the rest of your pregnancy go?
Rbrown2010

Postby cgoodi1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 09:16 am

I'd love to know as well how it went. I am 6 weeks and spill protein outside and inside of pregnancy normally so I'm worried about how that will affect this pregnancy.
Stillbirth - 21 weeks gestation due to severe preeclampsia, HELLP and IUGR - 15/02/12
Baby girl Aria - Induced due to high blood pressure at 36 weeks + 2 days - 7lbs 3oz - 05/03/13
cgoodi1

Return to Pregnant Again?