Had my doctors appointment today.........

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
wrennie

Re: Had my doctors appointment today.........

Postby wrennie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 09:48 pm

mmm, never tried that, ill have to look into it!
Carin (34)
Mommy to an angel, Elodie (November 2007 31 weeks stillborn due to placental abruption, PE/HELP) and to a miracle, Aylah (January 2009, PE with 9 weeks hospital bedrest)
m/c March 2011
Expecting number 3, a boy, late March 2012!
PE/HELP survivor

hypergirl_trlee

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Sun Jan 29, 2012 09:06 pm

OH MY GOSH I am drinking soooooooo much water. lol. I drink at least a gallon and a half a day.I like coconut water too because I have heard that it is really good for you and has a lot of potassium and magnesium. I also read that it is good for your kidneys so I figure why not?? It does taste good after all!

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Sun Jan 29, 2012 08:09 pm

those are great BPS! Drink lots of water and keep hydrated. That could help swelling out. Keep thinking positive!!
Carin (34)
Mommy to an angel, Elodie (November 2007 31 weeks stillborn due to placental abruption, PE/HELP) and to a miracle, Aylah (January 2009, PE with 9 weeks hospital bedrest)
m/c March 2011
Expecting number 3, a boy, late March 2012!
PE/HELP survivor

hypergirl_trlee

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Sat Jan 28, 2012 09:02 pm

well I haven't done any bloodwork or 24 hour urines recently as my doc. doesn't think it has been really necessary yet. My bp is holding pretty steady at low 100's/50's... some days it can get up to high 110's/60's (more-so lately)... I just get really nervous because of my fingers swelling (especially in the mornings) because I had no swelling with my 2nd (and perfect) pregnancy at all... and it was SUMMER!! Now this time it's winter and my fingers get big!

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Thu Jan 26, 2012 02:58 pm

Nah, I think most of us here specialize in neurosis. ;) How are all the standards? BP? Protein? My first was born 13 minutes into his 36th week and was 5.1 lbs. Decent size for a baby who was four weeks early, but still small for 36 weeks. I'm not sure what his growth looked like as I only had two u/s with him, but none to follow growth. My last two measured large consistently until around 30 weeks then planed out. Oliver was measuring (in some measurements like his head and belly) almost two weeks ahead for a long time. By the time we had my last growth u/s, he was almost spot-on for all measurements for his gestational age. He was born at 37 weeks and weighed one ounce under 7 lbs (two pounds larger and one week earlier than his brother). I wouldn't worry about the growth yet. You could've hit the baby just before a growth spurt, growth could be leveling out a little, or maybe slowing down. As long as you're getting those growth checks, you shouldn't be caught with any sudden surprises with his growth. Those growth scans, coupled with fetal monitoring, kept me marginally sane during the last trimester. Still doesn't mean I wouldn't have dragged a sleeping bag into the lobby to stay if they had allowed it. ;) I'm not sure on the swelling. Some people, even non-preeclamptics, suffer horrible swelling early on and some preeclamptics don't see swelling. It's really hard to judge based on that; so don't let that discourage you - just file it away and keep track of it in conjunction with anything else going on. You're getting there, and I know it's hard on so many fronts.
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

hypergirl_trlee

Had my doctors appointment today.........

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:31 am

Soooo... I am 26 weeks and 4 days today. Just got back from my doctors appt. I have a couple of questions or concerns and I wanted to know if anyone on here had any insight.

My munchkin was measuring big since the beginning ultrasounds.. at 18 weeks the baby was measuring about 20 or 21 weeks. At my 23 week appt. my uterus was measuring 24 weeks and now at 26.4 I am measuring 26 and a half weeks. Is this something that I should be worried about??? Does that mean that the baby is gaining at a lesser rate??

I get so worried about that because my first stopped growing about 3 or 4 weeks before she was born at 28 weeks.

I am also nervous because my fingers are still swelling, some days more than others, and my doctor was a little concerned about that with my history. She said she is going to see me every two weeks now. But, while she was measuring my uterus today she said, "you made it to 36 with your second right" and I said yes and then she lightly squeezed my arm and said, "Lets just hope this baby behaves and we can get there again."

I mean, it may sound like nothing but my doctor is not really an emotional arm squeezer and I just get so nervous that maybe she's nervous about something and just not telling me!! Ugh. Am I being too neurotic?

Return to “Pregnant Again?”