Locked FAQ Members Login

Welcome! Introducing your moderators!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Welcome! Introducing your moderators!

Postby heather j » Tue Feb 07, 2012 02:58 pm

by heather j (4882 Posts), Tue Feb 07, 2012 02:58 pm

Hi, everyone. I know most of you already, but for those whom I haven't yet "met," I'm Heather. I'm one of the moderators in the Pregnant Again forum; I'm in my fifth year of volunteering with the Preeclampsia Foundation and am honored to be able to do so. I found this amazing group after my first pregnancy in 2004 during which I developed PE sometime around week 30, "enjoyed" six weeks of bedrest, had an abruption, and delivered Nicolas during an emergency c-section at 36 weeks. During that pregnancy, I also developed HELLP syndrome which worsened significantly postpartum. I spent two additional weeks in the hospital waiting for everything to normalize. We attempted a second pregnancy in 2007 with the careful monitoring of my MFM team, and Ella was delivered preeclampsia-free. In 2011, we welcomed our third baby, Oliver, who also arrived at 37 weeks during a preeclampsia-free delivery. What brings us here is often what keeps us, I think. The support that our members so kindly and knowledgeably offer to other mamas is unparalleled. I've been given so much by so many of you, that helping others where I once received help is an honor. I can't wait to get to know each of you better!
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free
heather j
Forum Moderator

Re: Welcome! Introducing your moderators!

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

by holly3372@msn.com (478 Posts), Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:56 pm

Thank you for this. It is going on 2 years since we lost our only baby. Today I went to see a new doctor and am finally really cosideing trying again. I am so afraid. Thank you for the kind words and hope
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Pregnant Again?