24 weeks & 5 days...should they be doing more?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: 24 weeks & 5 days...should they be doing more?

Postby libby123 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 09:51 pm

Teresa,

So sorry you are having to go through this. I hope everything checks out okay at LD. Let us know how things go.
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.
libby123

Postby caryn » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:42 pm

Please keep us posted as you're able!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby sage1 » Wed Feb 15, 2012 08:26 pm

I experienced severe pre eclampsia a little over 24 wks .. I had gone to my Dr. on a Monday to complain of my severely swollen feet ... He took a look said your fine sent me back to work . I worked the next couple days .. I am a CNA -hard work! Thursday night I couldn't stand my aching feet so I called into work Friday I laid down all day elevating my feet ... Saturday I kinda felt like I couldn't breath but eventually fell alseep to nap and didn't think much of it later ... Sunday I went grocery shopping and suddenly the WORST headache I've ever had came on ... Mainly in the front of my head .. I rushed home immediately, laid down but it never got better . Then I started throwing up .. my sister came over and took me to the ER where I was admitted, started on mag etc. It was horrible !!! Well eventually I was flowen out by helicopter to a bigger hospital where I had an emergency c-section my baby boy did not survive due to IUGR ..
If your Dr. is ignoring you go get a second and third opinion !!!! It's worth all the hassle for that lil miracle in you !!!!!
My Dr. ignored everything I told him the ringing in my ear, my swollen hands and I got all this around 5 months. I hate myself for not doing more for my son !! I see his precious lil face everyday ...
sage1

Postby mychaelelaine » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:25 pm

I 100% agree with sage1! I delivered my baby @ almost 24 weeks. Had I been admitted, I believe we would've had a diff outcome. My baby was stillborn. My bp never went below 170/110 and I was discharged. Delivered 4 days later. I don't mean 2 scare you but things can progress very rapidly. Please force someone to monitor you more closely.
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Postby MomTimesThree » Fri Feb 17, 2012 05:56 pm

Was thinking of you and your lil' one today. I hope to hear that you are still cookin' along and that they were able to get your bp under control.

Best,
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby ssaunders » Tue Feb 28, 2012 03:03 pm

Switch doctors! always trust your gut. I didn't with my first. I listened when my crack head doctor said "thats normal." Well I ended up in ICU for a couple of days. My doctor now is just AMAZING. Last week my bp was 138/88 and she wants me to start coming in weekly to keep an eye on it. I am 25 weeks. I go tomorrow. My bp has been good at home. I am nervous about going up there though because I have been seeing spots. No swelling though.
ssaunders

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?