pregnancy clothes and irrational thoughts!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

pregnancy clothes and irrational thoughts!

Postby mymiracles2 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:35 am

has anyone had irrational thoughts surrounding pregnancy clothes. I opened up my tote of pregnancy clothes and feel as though it is jinxed, and that I can;t wear any of them. However, on the flip side, I feel that buying new clothes will also do the same.... I think I am going crazy :?
mymiracles2

Re: pregnancy clothes and irrational thoughts!

Postby MomTimesThree » Tue Feb 21, 2012 01:25 pm

I felt exactly the same! With my second I couldn't even touch any of the clothes from my first. And I remember blankly buying a pair of pants that wouldn't fit me yet just because it was a good deal and then having a panic attack by my car that I would never get far enough along to even wear them! This is my 3rd and last pregnancy and I just did a HUGE thing... I wore a shirt from my first pregnancy that I wore on one of the happiest days... back when we all naive and assumed that once you got pregnant... passed 12 weeks everything was easy peasy. It was scary... but felt really nice to remember that time and share it with this lil' one.

Glad I'm not alone with my clothes phobias too! :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby cmccaffrey » Tue Feb 21, 2012 08:12 pm

I had many phobias during my pregnancy. One was telling people I was pregnant (I waited until I was 20 weeks), the second was maternity clothing (didn't wear any until I was 24 weeks) and the last was getting ready for the baby... I didn't start that process until I was about 28 weeks. I was was so scared I would jinx myself. You are so not alone. Just do what you are comfortable with. It will get easier over time. <3 Hugs
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy
cmccaffrey

Postby danielsmom » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:08 pm

lol... as I read that I thought, oh good, she's only having those thoughts when it comes to clothes... maybe. ;) Anyways, OH YEAH... when you've been through it, it's a daily challenge to keep your head. I've had those thoughts with clothes, my job (preparing everyone for a preterm birth once we finally told them at 16 weeks), the nursery, and now with bigger car shopping. I'm not doom and gloom, but I know that every day is a blessing and we're not guaranteed anything.

I did kind of jump ahead with one thing. I just finished a 9 peice nursery set, and really enjoyed doing that. In the back of my mind, I'll admit, there were/are those thoughts that something could go wrong and it could end up on craigslist. But... no regrets. I'd rather put my heart into this and be ready for that precious little girl - no matter the outcome - than regret not trying for another child out of (justified) fear and analysis paralysis. It does get easier as you pass those milestones.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby mymiracles2 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 07:53 pm

glad I am not alone! i feel fear with pretty much most big things...then feel silly, then scared! With this being our third I am popping fast, so I'll need to get over it fast:)
mymiracles2

Postby mychaelelaine » Sun Feb 26, 2012 08:25 pm

i didn't have any thoughts about maternity clothes besides longing to wear them. i didn't think about jinxing myself til reading your post. lol. i say, try not to think about jinxing yourself. whatever is going to happen will. prayerfully, you'll have an extremely uneventful pregnancy that will only result in an amazing precious gift. whatever happens won't be because of any fault of your own, in any way! god bless and prayers go out to you!
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Return to Pregnant Again?