My experience might not help you much because I had no hypertensive issues in my last pregnancy. But I will say that my OB did agree she could induce me (ended up going on my own) with a lower dose of pitocin if I still looked good at the end. Like I said, I went on my own, but I had back labor and was in excruciating pain because of it without making a lot of progress on my own. So I did end up getting a low dose of pitocin and epidural, but I thought the contractions were still reasonably spaced (not like I've heard about the regular inductions, like you are talking about) and I could still feel them at the top of my belly.
That said, it is a good idea to have a great deal of discussion with your OB in order to reach an agreement you are both comfortable with. I started the discussion about VBAC with mine really early in the pregnancy, so she knew what my goal was and I think that helped a lot. But my BP never gave me any trouble this time around and if it had, I suspect she might not have let me have any pitocin whatsoever because of the trainwreck my previous induction had been (ending in seizures and emergency section). So for you, I hope and pray you and baby are safe through the pregnancy and get your dream experience!! I know how important it is
But healthy and safe delivery are always the priority (I'm sure you know that).
Do you have that good relationship with your doctor that you can talk things through? I wouldn't leave without mine telling me just in general what different scenarios might look like. she knew I wasn't holding her to anything by asking about it, though.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)Aidan & Jordan
- 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!Asa
- 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC