Anyone have natural labor, or induction w/o pain meds?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
smz1789

Anyone have natural labor, or induction w/o pain meds?

Postby smz1789 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 02:12 pm

Hey ladies!

I've always wanted to have an all natural labor experience. I was induced with my daughter, and the contractions just seemed so relentless! Super strong one right after the other with no breaks in between! I ended up getting a pain medicine through my IV, that the nurse assured me would not take all the feelings away, but would just take the edge off a bit... 20 mins later I was completely passed out! It was not what i had been expecting, or what I wanted my labor experience to be like. Fortunately it wore off 2 hours later, and I woke up upset and in excruciating pain. They checked me, and I was at an 8, and they offered more medicine, and I declined. I was able to deliver her vaginally about an hour later after 4 or 5 sets of pushes.

I was just wondering if any of you had been able to go into labor on your own with mild pre-e? Also, for those of you that have had to be induced, have any of you gone with out any other interventions? Is there such a thing as a slow induction? If pre-e is mild, and both the baby and myself have steady vitals might that be possible? I'd assume that all those crazy contractions aren't great for the baby... I'm due May 10th, and last week my protein came back at 319, BP at 130/80. They haven't officially diagnosed me, but i think it's just a matter of time.

I'd love to hear about any of your experiences!
~Sara~
Married to Jeffrey 07'
Mommy to Lila 09' Mild Pre-E Induction
Miscarriage 10'
Ectopic Pregnancy 11'
New baby due May 2012!

Return to “Pregnant Again?”