Post Reply FAQ Members Login

see spots @ 25 wks

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

see spots @ 25 wks

Postby ssaunders » Tue Feb 28, 2012 02:50 pm

I have seen spots lately. Yesterday was bad. I was super stressed and saw them off and on almost all day. TMI, but I had more bowel movements yesterday than I usually do in a week. We were very busy car shopping and nothing was going as planned. I still don't have a car.
But I decided today to take it easy. I have stayed home, cleaned a little bit, but mostly have been lazy. I haven't seen any spots.
When I had pre e with my son, my main symptoms were severe pitting edema and seeing spots. I never had protien in my urine. I didn't have protien when my bp went to 190/110 in the ER. The only time my bp sky rocketed was in the ER, when my body went red and my platelets were in the millions. It was a HELLP. 1 week post partum.
So right now, my bp is good, no protien in my urine, no swelling, but spots!! Those damn things are back.
I go to the dr tomorrow and I am going to tell her about the spots. I am thinking she is going to put me on modified bed rest. Appearantly the stress and hustle yesterday probably made my BP go up and that probably made me see the shooting star spots.
I have a bp monitor at home and today it has stayed below 125/75.
Anyone else have a problem with vision disturbances? And how early did it began?
Honeslty I have had the vision problems since I had my son, but these spots are different. They are floaters, they are like flashes of light everywhere, shooting star like.
ssaunders

Re: see spots @ 25 wks

Postby sam10 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 03:13 pm

I am glad you are going to see your doctor tomorrow. Visual disturbances is one of the symptoms, so I'd not dismiss them and definitely check with your doctor. Let us know how it will go.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby ssaunders » Wed Feb 29, 2012 07:18 pm

My bp was 140/88 at the lowest at the office. I told her about the spots. They are doing bloodwork and a 24 hr urine test. I'll get the results Friday.
ssaunders

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:06 pm

Bummer about the reading! Glad to hear they are on top of things and taking everything seriously. I'll keep things crossed that your labs look good!

Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:17 pm

Glad more testing is being done and your doctors are taking it seriously. Keeping my fingers crossed for good lab results on Friday.
Did your doctors let you know under which circumstances to head back or call in?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby ssaunders » Thu Mar 01, 2012 07:38 am

I'm glad she is proactive about it as well. With my son I only had spots and swelling and the dr never for a thing. In fact he told me my 30lbs of fluid was normal. And his nurse laughed at me wheb I didn't lose weight after delivery. I was not diagnosed until a week post partum. I know you all understand wheb I say I have PTSD. I'm terrified of getting again.
ssaunders

Postby ssaunders » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:42 am

my blood work was good and i have a very low level of creatine in my blood, dr said that my kidneys are functioning above average. So my urine should be clear. Thats good. She said she is running all these test as to have to know where my levels are, repeat when necessary, and have something to go off of. She put me on a low level of labeatolol.
ssaunders

Return to Pregnant Again?