Bp issues already

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Bp issues already

Postby Iheartjulio » Fri Mar 02, 2012 07:11 pm

I posted a few weeks back about already dealing with high blood pressure at 11 weeks. Well I am now 14 weeks and have already had to have my dose of labetalol doubled :( At my last appointment the MFM advised me that he would say my risk of Pre-E is now at at least 50%. My BP are ok in the morning around 140/85 but in the evening tend to run really high about 175/100. I am dealing with a lot of headaches with the spikes in BP. I can always tell when it goes higher just based on my head as soon as I take my meds the headache goes away. I am just wondering if other people struggled with high BP before 20 weeks? And how they faired for the rest of their pregnancy. I know it is not Pre-E yet all my labs are looking fine. I am feeling like this is most likely going to be my last pregnancy! I wanted 4 kids but I am thinking adoption sounds better and better :) Between a ton of bleeding and passing very large clots from 5 weeks-12 weeks (SCH), the all day long morning sickness (that I still have) and now already having BP issues I decided my body just really really does not like being pregnant. Anyways I guess I just need to vent about all the frustrations to woman who understand! Why is pregnancy so easy for some woman and so hard for all of us?! The most depressing part is right before getting pregnant my BP was the best it has ever been in the 117/77 range so i had high hopes it would stay ok.
[color=#FF0000]Mom to Isabella born 4/20/2011 delivered via c section due to sever Pre-E at 29 weeks 5 days.
Starting TTC again[/color]
MC 09/09/2011
Iheartjulio

Re: Bp issues already

Postby kerisue » Sat Mar 03, 2012 09:49 am

When you say all your labs look fine, is one of them the 24 hr. urine test? Since my bp was borderline going into pregnancy my ob had me do one of those early on to get a baseline and make sure I wasn't spilling protein from the outset. If you haven't, you might want to ask your doc about whether that would be appropriate for you. It really sounds like you have had a tough time of it this pregnancy! I hope things settle down and smooth out for the rest of the pregnancy.
Mama to Millie
born June 2010 @ 24 wks. gestation due to my severe PE and CHF
lived 25 days, loved and missed
kerisue
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?