Post Reply FAQ Members Login

officially spilling protein

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

officially spilling protein

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 01:39 pm

by hypergirl_trlee (117 Posts), Mon Mar 05, 2012 01:39 pm

So I went to the er the other night for trouble breathing and feeling like I was going to pass out any second... oh and for having contractions that were making my previous classical c section scar hurt. They ran a bunch of tests an found that my heart rate was pretty high and my oxygen level goes down when I walk around. The said that my protein was at 0.2 so they were going to have me do a 24 hour urine test.

I am not too swollen right now and my bp has been holding pretty steady so I expected the 24 hour to come back normal. Nope.. The doctors office called today to let me know that my protein has defintely elevated since the begininng of this pregnancy ( I am 32 weeks today). They are now going to do NST's and ultrasounds twice a week as well as my regular appointment once a week. I am glad my doc. is being so proactive.. I just hope I can hang in there for at least another two weeks... I have started to well a little bit more in the last few days so.. we'll see :(
hypergirl_trlee

Re: officially spilling protein

Postby trish » Mon Mar 05, 2012 07:38 pm

by trish (2949 Posts), Mon Mar 05, 2012 07:38 pm

Well darn it!!! Sounds like they have a good plan in place to keep a close eye on you and baby. I'm hoping you can get a couple more weeks in too!!

Did they decide what the reason for your breathing issue and low O2? Are you on a BP med? I ask because I was on labetalol my entire pregnancy & then also PP. At some point PP I became allergic to it and went to my Dr. repeatedly for feeling out of breath, hard to breath etc & they kept giving me inhalers and asthma meds (because my O2 sats were so low) but it turned out to be a reaction to the labetalol. Crazy huh? It's not common (so no one freak out!!) but I just wish I had known about it before I went through months of feeling awful & taking asthma meds for no reason.
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Re: officially spilling protein

Postby hypergirl_trlee » Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 pm

by hypergirl_trlee (117 Posts), Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:17 pm

I'm not exactly sure.. I have heard that tachycardia can be related to pre-e. They gave me a catscan and everything to check for a pulmonary embolism but those tests came back normal.
hypergirl_trlee

Return to Pregnant Again?