Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need opinions please

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Need opinions please

Postby marialynn242 » Wed Mar 07, 2012 07:01 pm

by marialynn242 (144 Posts), Wed Mar 07, 2012 07:01 pm

So I've been starting to feel a little off my blood pressure is running 135/82 but my normal up until this week was 120/70 and before pregnancy it's 98/60 I have been starting to swell quite a bit and I've been getting headaches daily. I have an appt Friday with the ob and I plan on telling him plus asking for labs if he doesn't already suggest them, I'm scheduled for a csection march 27 at 39 weeks do u think it would be wise to schedule the csection earlier or wait it out until my blood pressure gets higher? If he doesn't seem to ace about my blood pressure should I contact my mfm
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 03:14 pm

Re: Need opinions please

Postby aajatwins » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 pm

by aajatwins (476 Posts), Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:16 pm

My numbers run very close to yours pre- and post- pregnancy. In my last pregnancy, my OB said that 130/80s was too high for me and we would have to take action of some kind if it reached that point (it never went higher than normal). I would definitely be staying on top of those symptoms and making it clear to your doctor that you are uncomfortable with them. I don't know that you'll be able to schedule a section earlier unless your doctor deems it necessary with a diagnosis of some kind. They have gotten much more strict on doctors - not allowing them to deliver babies so early without serious medical reasons. I personally would not wait for anything, though. If your doctor isn't concerned, go see your MFM. Hope you get the labs (and they come back ok). You are so close! You are in a good place, though, if you have to go a little early.
Keep us posted after your appt Friday!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
User avatar
Forum Moderator
Posts: 476
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2009 05:54 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: Need opinions please

Postby momof4as » Sat Mar 10, 2012 06:03 am

by momof4as (111 Posts), Sat Mar 10, 2012 06:03 am

with my DS my doctor was just kind of lets watch it and see when my pressures were like that, it wasnt until I started having other symptoms that he decided to induce. One thing about PE and I ran into it the other day as well with the on call dr, is that they are taught that until your pressure is 140/90 you are not even considered to be hypertensive, That however is the baseline, it also gives parameters for people with normal BP's that appear hypotensive 90/60 for instance.

This time around they are being more aggressive with me, If you have symptoms tell them everything even if what your feeling even if you cant describe it well.

Hang in there your almost there =) Congrats!
Joy and DH-Ron
Mom of 4 A's
Andre'-14, Amber 9,
Aidyn 1, born at 35 weeks due to PE
Aeryn due 6/8 diagnosed with PE again.

Registered User
Posts: 111
Joined: Thu Sep 30, 2010 03:14 pm

Re: Need opinions please

Postby marialynn242 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 08:35 am

by marialynn242 (144 Posts), Wed Mar 14, 2012 08:35 am

Toold the dr but he said no bloodwork yet well I jsut emailed him again with my bp readings so hopefully he gets back to me
Registered User
Posts: 144
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 03:14 pm

Re: Need opinions please

Postby Petunia » Wed Mar 14, 2012 03:10 pm

by Petunia (60 Posts), Wed Mar 14, 2012 03:10 pm

Well, if it was me, my doctors would not wait. We've already agreed that ANY indication of pre-e at a point where it would be safe to induce and we will. However, my situation is different because I lost my son just 5 days after being diagnosed last time.... I wish you luck either way, hopefully if you do wait that BP stays down!
Married the love of my life 7/11/2009
Our first child, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping at 33 weeks on Oct. 25th 2011. Developed pre-e at 32 weeks.
Pregnant again with what I pray is our rainbow baby, due Oct. 14th 2012. Will induce labor no later than 38 weeks if we make it that far!
User avatar
Registered User
Posts: 60
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 07:04 pm

Return to Pregnant Again?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests