Post Reply FAQ Members Login

When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Postby trish » Sat Mar 10, 2012 09:20 pm

Wal-mart has a large selection of preemie clothes so someone can run in and buy a few outfits if you end up needing them. No need to plan or get things ahead. We actually stopped by on our way to the hospital to have our 3rd discharged (I already had her coming home outfit washed & at the hospital). She's 4 now and my girls use her preemie clothes on their build-a-bears. Seeing how itty bitty those clothes it's hard to believe she ever fit in them!!
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Postby momof4as » Sun Mar 11, 2012 06:53 am

I have a couple outfits in her bag and her "soft blankie" as my daughter calls it, the outfits are 0-3 and I think one is newborn, but wasnt sure if they should be warm or cool or whatever...

Are the babies allowed to have their own blankets and stuff in NICU?

Aidyn though early he didnt go to NICU although he needed to, he was in PICU at 3 days old,,,
Joy and DH-Ron
Mom of 4 A's
Andre'-14, Amber 9,
Aidyn 1, born at 35 weeks due to PE
Aeryn due 6/8 diagnosed with PE again.

momof4as

Postby laughinggirl127 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 am

Well we bought one outfit the other day that was preemie. I probably would have bought a couple of more if baby had cooperated during the ultrasound to see what they are besides healthy. My nicu put them in clothes once they were out of the incubator. So she wore clothes for 3 weeks before coming home. They put her in t shirts and then a onsie, footed outfit over tshirt. They also used her blankets as such. Since we weren't able to be there every day they also had a washing machine to wash clothes and personals on the unit so they didn't get lost. I have been like other posters and kinda hesitant as I want to make sure we have a baby to bring home. It seems silly to others that haven't had these problems. Our goal is just to make it to 33 weeks and everything after that is just a bonus. Hope you get another 10 long boring weeks.
DS born 2003- 39 weeks preeclampsia, 6LBS 7oz
DD born 2009-32 weeks preeclampsia, 3LBS 1oz
DD born 2012-38 weeks, PIH, IUGR 5lbs 4oz- no pree
laughinggirl127

Postby momof4as » Sun Mar 11, 2012 01:24 pm

lol after the news this morning they wont be boring, I have to get motivated and get my family going on packing!!!
Joy and DH-Ron
Mom of 4 A's
Andre'-14, Amber 9,
Aidyn 1, born at 35 weeks due to PE
Aeryn due 6/8 diagnosed with PE again.

momof4as

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?