When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.
cmccaffrey

Re: When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Postby cmccaffrey » Sat Mar 10, 2012 01:23 pm

Yeah, I wouldn't get anything yet, but that's just me. I am kind of superstitious myself after losing our first baby. The only things I would make sure you have are a car seat and a sleeping arrangement for when little one comes home. You really don't need clothes while in the hospital because most of the time with all the wires and stuff it's more burdensome. I would say just go with the flow and take it easy.
Christa (25) & J (26)
Mommy to:
Mason born 10.11.10 @ 30+3 wks due to Severe Pre-E. Only lived 2.5 days
Noah born 2.1.12 @ 38 weeks thanks to lots of doctors visits, LDA, Lovenox and no preeclampsia!

learn more about our story... http://tinyurl.com/7a979vy

momof4as

Re: When do you start lookin @ Preemie clothes?

Postby momof4as » Sat Mar 10, 2012 08:46 am

I have my Medela dual pumps that I have to wash and get ready but I've already alerted my WIC lactitionist to get set up with their lactina if needed...
Joy and DH-Ron
Mom of 4 A's
Andre'-14, Amber 9,
Aidyn 1, born at 35 weeks due to PE
Aeryn due 6/8 diagnosed with PE again.

Maplecat6

Re: When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Postby Maplecat6 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 08:00 am

I don't. My daughter was weeks away from clothes when she passed. This pregnancy, I prepared by getting everything I could possibly need to make pumping easier if I have another preemie. I have enough pump sets to wash once a day, spare parts, bustier, back-up pump, iPhone app, sterilizer, and a good lactation consultant.
Amy, mom to almost 5
Quinn, 4/28/06, no complications
Lou, 5/8/09, no complications
Rosie, 3/13/11-3/29/11, eclampsia at 27 weeks and then died from NEC
Sara, 5/3/12, no complications other than an obscene amount of monitoring
Baby #5 due in 2/15

momof4as

When do you start lookin @ Premie clothes?

Postby momof4as » Sat Mar 10, 2012 06:46 am

With all thats going on I want to start looking at premie clothing but not sure I should. Someone said if I start preparing for a premie I am asking for that to happen. I do know I will deliver early and only want to be prepared...I am 27/2 now and I am afraid of not being prepared since we are currently taking one day at a time, and each day I keep her inside is a blessing...

So far we havent gotten any....
Joy and DH-Ron
Mom of 4 A's
Andre'-14, Amber 9,
Aidyn 1, born at 35 weeks due to PE
Aeryn due 6/8 diagnosed with PE again.

Return to “Pregnant Again?”