less than a week left

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

less than a week left

Postby txmom7 » Fri Mar 16, 2012 04:33 pm

I have been on hospital bedrest.since.Feb 27. We are inducing next Thursday unless I destabilize between now and then..for the.most part.my pressures.are.great.as long as I am down and quiet. Simply chatting with my friend about nothing and my systolic has spiked as high as 180. So I am supposed to stay as still and quiet as I can. I still get.'why I am here' feelings when I have these.gorgeous readings but I know they are only when I am doing my best imitation of a bump in a log. There is no way I could stay so quiet and calm at home. Is probably just end up back here.

Baby is still looking awesome. Failed one part of the bpp but it was just the practice.breathing..and no one is concerned since the.nsts are always perfect.
txmom7

Re: less than a week left

Postby sam10 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 01:42 am

Keeping my fingers crossed for a few boring and uneventful days. Bed rest can be very tiring ;) people look at me strangely when I say that. But after 5 days in bed I wanted nothing more than to be done with it.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby txmom7 » Sat Mar 17, 2012 08:40 am

I sleep on and off all day. Nurses say they see it all the time with moms on bedrest. They sleep more and more. Of course I was up until 2 last night with headache.
txmom7

Postby alviarin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 02:26 pm

Glad to hear you have made it so far but I hope you are feeling better today.

Only a few more days, how exciting! I bet you can't wait!
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?