hmmm- I think that I am allergic to work

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

hmmm- I think that I am allergic to work

Postby laughinggirl127 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 04:45 am

Well, as I am paranoid I check my BP a couple of times a day at work with my BP cuff. I have decided that I am allergic to work. It is usually 10-15 points higher there than home. I work nights and don't really do much besides sit at a desk in front of a computer. Every once in a while I get up to walk up and down the hall. I do less here than at home. Although the higher BP's of 135/90's at work aren't really looking good for the near future. My usual Bp is 110/60-70's. And on top of that as a side rant- had a lady tell me the other day "oh are you pregnant, I couldn't tell at all" Really cause that is awesome :( At 20 weeks you would think it showed a little but apparently I just look Fat.

So when did everyone else's bp start to creep up. I have had a couple of days of trace protein this week in my urine. Hoping its just the usual variance due to hydration and diet. Plan on asking for a 24 hour urine at my next visit just to make sure there isn't something more to it. Hope everyone else is having a great weekend.
DS born 2003- 39 weeks preeclampsia, 6LBS 7oz
DD born 2009-32 weeks preeclampsia, 3LBS 1oz
DD born 2012-38 weeks, PIH, IUGR 5lbs 4oz- no pree
laughinggirl127

Re: hmmm- I think that I am allergic to work

Postby danielsmom » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:02 pm

I have absolutely nothing useful to say, but thought I'd interject that at 20 weeks, in both pregnancies, I was still kind of in that awkward "I just ate too much pizza" stage. I noticed that in the next two weeks I really started to pop out though. I had growth scans done at 21 and 24 weeks and baby girl was at or above average. I wear a size 8 to 10 if that means anything.

It was really nice when people started really recognizing me for being pregnant, and not afraid to say so. I'm 27w5d today - TADAAAAH! The gestation my son was born at. Now I'm starting to look (and feel) rather whalish. Which is awesome. :D

Take your BP at that time of day when you're not working and see what you get. If it's the same, maybe that's just your rythym...?
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Re: hmmm- I think that I am allergic to work

Postby alviarin » Mon Mar 19, 2012 02:12 pm

Sorry to hear your BP has been misbehaving.

Personally I tend to have higher pressures at night, even when pregnant or on BP meds. During my second pregnancy my first high BP reading was at 26 weeks. I did have more and more high readings as time went on, but my BP didn't go up to 160/100 until 37 weeks. (those being my go to L&D numbers at the time). Hang in there, I hope your pressures stay stable for many more weeks.
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?