Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Leo Martin

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Leo Martin

Postby caryn » Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:21 am

by caryn (10124 Posts), Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:21 am

Welcome Earthside, Leo!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Leo Martin

Postby txmom7 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 02:44 am

by txmom7 (37 Posts), Tue Mar 27, 2012 02:44 am

blythe wrote:Congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything worked out despite what sounds like some scary stuff even at the end!

Please do continue to keep track of your bp and signs and symptoms - postpartum PE is a risk up to 6 weeks postpartum. I hope you sail through, but just be aware and keep checking with your doc if you have any concerns.

Enjoy your new baby boy!! :)

I am. Ob is also watching. Appt 2 weeks postpartum.
I didn't swell at all while pregnant but am now a Pillsbury dough boy. My systolic is fine but diastolic is riding a solid 20 above baseline. I'm not freaking out but being self aware. I take.my BP once or twice a day. I'm on my feet a lot and pretty stressed which can account for the issues but I'm not going to completely brush off the possibility of pp PE.

Leo is great. Just little and a typical sleepy 37 weeker. He is tongue tied so we're getting that taken care of today which will hopefully get him nursing more efficiently and get him gaining weight.
txmom7

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?