Post Reply FAQ Members Login

24 weeks-what do you think my chances are...?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

24 weeks-what do you think my chances are...?

Postby biokatie » Fri Mar 23, 2012 08:32 am

by biokatie (17 Posts), Fri Mar 23, 2012 08:32 am

Of not developing preeclampsia again? Last time I got sick around 33 weeks. I was gestational diabetic last time and am this time (doc not sure if type 2) diagnosed both times at 8 weeks. Honestly...I shouldn't have ttc. I weigh more and my BP was out of control when I conceived. About a month before we ttc my doc put me back on the labatelol. However, with just 1 pill a day my BP's have been great for the whole pregnancy/while they were high before.
Edward IV born 12-2-09 4 1/2 lbs at 36 weeks due to severe preeclampsia and IUGR.
Expecting a BOY in July.
biokatie

Re: 24 weeks-what do you think my chances are...?

Postby trish » Fri Mar 23, 2012 08:00 pm

by trish (2949 Posts), Fri Mar 23, 2012 08:00 pm

Oh it's just impossible for us to say - I wish we could!! But, "they" say PE is a disease of first pregnancies so odds are you will be fine & not develop PE. But like you said, already having CHT and being overweight are risk factors. It's great that your BP is behaving so nicely still - that is encouraging. Just being aware of the symptoms to look for is one of the best things we can do in subsequent pregnancies. Hang in there!!
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?