Update on Bella

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Update on Bella

Postby Dee80 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 08:04 pm

Hi everyone!!

Sorry I haven't had a chance to update since I last posted a couple days after Bella was born. It's been craziness with a newborn and a toddler at home but the a good kind of craziness, lol!!! As I posted before, Bella was born April 23rd at 34 weeks gestation. Today, June 4th is actually my due date. She was six weeks early due to preeclampsia. My first daughter Gianna was born at 34 weeks also due to preeclampsia. I saddens me that history repeated itself. But I am blessed my girls are healthy. Bella spent 7 days in the nicu and on may 1st we were able to bring her home.

Bella is 6 weeks today. When she was born she weighted 4 lbs. 14 oz. and measured 18.5 inches long.she now weights 6 lbs. 7oz.. She is healthy and doing great. She has been experiencing these twitches while she is sleeping. We feared she was having seizures.. We took her to children's hospital were they admitted her and did an EEG. She was diagnosed with benign neonatal sleep myoclonus. Anyone ever hear of this? She should outgrow it in a coupe months.

Other than that she is doing wonderful. Gianna is a great big sis and want to help me out!! I am sitting here right now with Bella sleeping on me and Gianna sitting next to us and I just thank god that even though my pregnancy with both my children was very tuff physically and emotionally, I am so blessed to have 2 healthy beautiful children. It's asham that preeclampsia had to show its ugly face in both my pregnancys. That's way I am counting my blessings with both my girls and we decided that we will not have any more children.

I wanted to also thank everyone who read my previous posts and help me thru my difficult pregnancy. Having a forum to go to and talk to women that went thru the same thing as I was going thru was very comforting. I appreciate all the kind words and encouraging posts.
Dee80

Re: Update on Bella

Postby mymiracles2 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 02:31 pm

Congrats! An I am glad to hear that everything sis going well:)
mymiracles2

Postby aajatwins » Wed Jun 06, 2012 02:34 pm

so glad to hear that you and baby Bella are doing well! I have not heard of that sleep disorder. that must have been a little scary at first.

I love it when older siblings are good helpers! Sounds like yours is! What a sweet sister :)

Thankful the forum has helped you!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby mychaelelaine » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:56 pm

Congrats!! Keep these beautiful stories coming!
10/17/2011 ~ Mychael Elaine was born sleeping. We miss and will always love you!
9/16/2012 ~ Michael Leon was born, God is so good! Severe pre-e again, induced at 34 weeks, c-section due to baby's heart decelerating with each contraction. 1 week in NICU. I'm done! :)
mychaelelaine

Return to Pregnant Again?