Baby is here!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Baby is here!

Postby JB » Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 am

Hi Everyone!

I delivered my baby boy Donovan Maxwell on Thursday at 9:01 am. He was 7 lb 11 oz and 20.7 inches long. This experience was so completely different from the last, from the start of the pregnancy to delivery. My blood pressure stayed down enough without meds for me to make it to my scheduled c-section at 39 weeks 2 days. When I heard my baby cry immediately after he came out I cried, too, because that did not happen with my daughter (her apgars were 1 1 6, and his were 9 9). He also got to stay with me and my husband, and go home with me. My blood pressure went up some the day after delivery, but blood and urine labs were negative for PE and my bp went back down yesterday. I think it went high because I wasn't getting enough sleep. I am continuing to monitor it at home, of course.

We are home now and so far we are both doing well. I put a picture of him in my avatar.
1st - miscarried at 11 weeks in Dec. 2009
2nd - baby girl born Mar. 2011 at 29 weeks 6 days due to severe PE
3rd - baby boy due June 19th, 2012

Return to “Pregnant Again?”