Post Reply FAQ Members Login

One week until PE milestone

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

One week until PE milestone

Postby Petunia » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

by Petunia (60 Posts), Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:47 am

Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all doing well. I just had to share this with women who I know will get it. I'm 31 weeks today, that means I have one week left until I hit my pre-e diagnosis milestone. Just one week after the dx last time, sweet Peyton was born sleeping. On the one hand I feel confident, baby boy is measuring 90% right now for growth, I have no swelling, no carpal tunnel, bp has been looking good... but on the other hand it's just terrifying. I just hope that the next two weeks fly by and that baby boy keeps growing nice and big and those bp's stay nice and slow. Anyone have any advice for getting through these milestones as calmly as possible? I hope to update again in a few weeks to offer hope... but for now I'm just at the super scary part.
Married the love of my life 7/11/2009
Our first child, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping at 33 weeks on Oct. 25th 2011. Developed pre-e at 32 weeks.
Pregnant again with what I pray is our rainbow baby, due Oct. 14th 2012. Will induce labor no later than 38 weeks if we make it that far!
Petunia

Re: One week until PE milestone

Postby sam10 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 01:28 pm

by sam10 (1441 Posts), Mon Aug 13, 2012 01:28 pm

Congratulations for making it to your milestone date without any issues :D

I will hit 24 weeks tomorrow and was diagnosed and hospitalized at 24.4 last time around. I had been sick for weeks, but did not know. So I am right there with you! Here I am, hitting my milestone (one of them), all looking good, except some minor carpal tunnel. Doc is happy and does not need to see me for another 3 weeks. Yay!

For some reason my worst weeks where those when I feared I'd get sick, around 20-22 weeks. With each passing day, I feel less anxious, especially now getting to the viability stage. I also know I will feel better in a few weeks, passing another milestone, the time when my sweet Henry was born.

I see a therapist who helps me through this pregnancy. We are working on different strategies to help me enjoy this pregnancy and deal with the anxiety. Not always that easy.

I hope you will get through the next weeks with as little anxiety as possible and keep us updated!
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?