Very anxious, stressed, upset about getting PET again

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Very anxious, stressed, upset about getting PET again

Postby dancing_queen59 » Sat Sep 15, 2012 03:51 pm

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels like this.

I had twins who were delivered at 34 weeks due to PET. I was admitted at 30 weeks and just hated being in hospital. All the midwives were miserable, I couldn't be in my own home, eat my own food, had terrible sleep due to other patients.

I'm now 21 weeks pregnant with a singleton pregnancy. Every day I fear it, I cry at night and dread the day of them ever telling me that I've developed it again. It's different this time round. I have 2x 2.5 year old little boys whom I've never left. I spend all day everyday with them and they are my absolute world. I'm at the point in my head that if I develop it I will refuse being admitted. I know your thinking I'm selfish but I'm not leaving my children and only seeing them an hour a day. Surely I can manage it at home or surely only being 20 mins from the hospital I can go in every 4 hours for checks!?

Has anyone refused going into hospital and negotiated management by going into hospital every 4 hours but not actually being admitted on a ward?
dancing_queen59

Re: Very anxious, stressed, upset about getting PET again

Postby princess purr » Sat Sep 15, 2012 05:29 pm

Try to think positive, you might have a totally different out come this time. You may just got right up until when you are due and not have a problem :-) Just focus on enjoying your pregnancy and your two little boys. Preeclampsia is more common in first pregnancies and more common in multiply pregnancies so chances are that you might not even get it this time! I know it is easier said then done, but you don't want to look back and regret all the time you spent worrying about when/if it will happen. Just enjoy the now, and if/when the time comes you will find the strength to get through it.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Return to Pregnant Again?