Palpitations and neck pressure

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Palpitations and neck pressure

Postby nov_mum » Wed Oct 03, 2012 09:24 pm

Does anyone else get this? I have read it is common to have palpitations in pregnancy although I have not had it in previous three pregnancies. I am also aware of pressure in my neck that seems to come with the palpitations. They are often present for most of the day and can interrupt my sleep. It seems to be worse on rest. Anyone got any tips to manage?
nov_mum

Re: Palpitations and neck pressure

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Thu Oct 04, 2012 05:30 am

I'm not sure if this is the same but my heart rate is up over 100 most of the time. My MFM says this is normal due to the increase in blood volume, the heart works harder to pump the extra blood instead of your bp going up. I am also having neck pain. I think its all the side lying plus stress. I did find a chiropractor who specializes in pregnancy who is adjusting me and gave me some neck exercises to try. I get massages every 3 weeks this has helped alot. Also prenatal yoga may be helpful if you doc ok's it.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Return to Pregnant Again?