grwoth scans - cause for worry?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

grwoth scans - cause for worry?

Postby nov_mum » Sun Nov 11, 2012 08:03 pm

Hi there

I was told that baby was in the 87th centile at 19 weeks and at 27 weeks baby was in 54th. My OB wasn't concerned (but he isn't about most things) but my MW suggested a scan next week to check. I know it is generally when baby drops below 25th that it is problematic but am I being paranoid about the growth?
nov_mum

Re: grwoth scans - cause for worry?

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:37 am

No you are not being paranoid at all! At 22 weeks our baby girl was in the 30th percentile. Not the best number I thought but my doctor wasnt concerned since my labs, bp and placental blood flow were good. At 25 weeks she dropped into the 27th percentile(yikes!) again the doctor wasnt very concerned because all else still was good but said he'd see me in 3 weeks for another one. So, now at 28 weeks, she is in the 53rd percentile!!! Doctor was very happy with this as this is a normal, average percentile to be in. Every baby is different and they can have growth spurts and lulls. It sounds to me like your baby is growing well and in a good percentile. Tell your doctor you would like another one done in 2 or 3 weeks and of course ask any other questions you may have if you havent already. I hope this has helped some.
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby nov_mum » Sat Nov 24, 2012 04:10 am

Thanks for your reply : ) I had another scan and baby is holding at the 54th centile so I am relieved. She was 87th then 54th and again three weeks later 54th so I am not worried as long as it doesn't keep dropping. She is footling breech however but that I can deal with. A baby who is not growing would be a much worse scenario. Thanks for sharing your story : ) I have another scan in three weeks so hopefully she has turned and is continuing to grow well.
nov_mum

Postby holly3372@msn.com » Sat Nov 24, 2012 05:37 pm

Yay!! I am glad that you posted because I have been thinking of you!! Sounds great! Hopefully she will change positions but I do agree that that would be the least of my worries as well after what we have been through! My scans coming up the 3rd so will post afterwards and hope you do the same! Let's keep going and growing! :)
Benjamin Spider Reeves born 4-28-2010( 1lb 6oz 26 weeks to severe pre-e and Iugr) we lost you after 4 long months in the NICU. You fought so hard,and were so brave.Our first baby .We miss you everyday and love you forever xo

Expecting ,dreaming, and hoping for our baby Girl sometime in January 2013
holly3372@msn.com

Postby nov_mum » Sun Nov 25, 2012 03:12 pm

Exciting, not too long til the 3rd now : ) Good luck
nov_mum

Return to Pregnant Again?