Any new advances that would be helpful to know about?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Any new advances that would be helpful to know about?

Postby Maburger » Sat Jan 05, 2013 00:36 am

I had preeclampsia with my first 3 babies (all born healthy thank goodness!), lost 1 at 16 weeks and I am pregnant again. We are praying for another miracle, but I am wondering if any advancements have been made in this terrible disease. It's been awhile since I have had to go through this and I am a little nervous about this pregnancy since I am a little older and worry how my body will handle it this time around. I wish I knew about this wonderful forum during my previous pregnancies. Any and help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Maburger

Re: Any new advances that would be helpful to know about?

Postby caryn » Tue Jan 15, 2013 08:09 pm

Lots of theoretical advances, but nothing has really turned into therapeutic interventions yet. We keep pushing on the bench-to-bedside research hoping to help drive a breakthrough.

I'm glad you've found us - and we'll all cross our fingers with you for a long healthy pregnancy!
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?