31 weeks!!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

31 weeks!!

Postby julieb » Tue Jan 08, 2013 09:04 am

I had previously posted that I had low fluid at 9cm at 28 weeks, then at 29 weeks it was up to a 10 and at 30w4d my fluid was up to an 11! Moving in the right direction but still a little low. The amazing news is that my ultrasound at 30&4 was a growth ultrasound and baby was measuring at 4lbs 3oz!!! That is the 75th% and DD was 4lbs 8oz at 36 weeks when she was born so my MFM was shocked and amazed! My original GD test was a little high so I had to do the 3 hour already and it came back fine so my MFM is fine with how big baby is. The ultrasound tech measured baby several times and got the same measurements each time. The dopplers looked good too and I don't have to go back for 2 weeks. I was hoping for a 5 pounder this time so baby was not considered low birth weight and it looks like we are going to make it!! This is a super scary part of pregnancy for me and I have been watching my BP like a hawk but it has been a lot of fun to actually get good news at my ultrasounds :)
Mason 5/17/07 28w6d 1lb 10oz Severe PE and IUGR
Makenna 4/24/10 36w1d 4lb 8oz PIH but no PE!!! (On Lovenox, Labetalol, Folic Acid and Synthroid)
#3 due 3/10/13...Lovenox, LDA, Labetalol, Synthroid and Folic Acid...praying for another PE free pregnancy!
julieb

Re: 31 weeks!!

Postby danielsmom » Tue Jan 08, 2013 09:34 am

OMG 4 and a half pounds already?! That's great! Looks like you'll be nixing the preemie clothes huh? And a nice little relief with the fluid bouncing back up. Up is sure better than down.

During my daughter's pregnancy, the first thing I always wanted to know when they turned on the ultrasound was, "how's her growth?" I had a very tiny little boy and found a lot of comfort in her growing well. I don't know why I wasn't really mentally prepared for seeing her at birth. I expected to see this normal size baby, but small and skinny I guess. She was 21 1/2 inches long and had rolls everywhere! I was in complete shock. Already I felt like I was living this out of body experience because I wasn't sick and was awake for my own daughter's birth...
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.
danielsmom

Postby Raposa » Tue Jan 08, 2013 09:39 am

Glad to hear your baby's growing well! I'm up to 36 weeks, and at the growth ultrasound last week, the tech measured twice and estimated my little boy at 5 lb, 10 oz! My first was born at 37 weeks at only 5 lb, 7.6 oz! It's so surprising to hear that the baby inside you is bigger than the one you gave birth to before!

It's actually making me a little nervous about giving birth, ha! Even though it's well within normal ranges. :) I hope your baby stays put and keeps growing so well.
1st son, induced at 37 weeks due to pre-e, born 6/18/10.
2nd son, c-section at 37 weeks due to hypertension, born 1/15/13.
Raposa

Postby courageismyname » Tue Jan 15, 2013 04:21 am

That's so wonderful I hope you're doing well! We are due at the same time (one day apart). I hope you post an update soon. I will too (up at 3:30 am today anyway!)
Eclamptic seizure in labor 12/1/09, age 39. Son born very healthy at 42 weeks and 9 lbs 4 oz via C section. PE had been suspected (by me) but not diagnosed by homebirth midwife. Pregnant again with #2, due 3/9/13.
courageismyname

Return to Pregnant Again?