So...I took a test tonight and got a clear BFP. By LMP I am 4w1d, so barely anything along. I had a preconception consult a few weeks ago and my doctor ran liver and thyroid blood labs, and all came back "normal." My BP in the doctor's office was a little suspect...if memory serves it was around 122/84. She didn't like that bottom number of course.
I had my BP taken for an insurance physical a few months ago and it was way better, so it could be just a white-coat BP. I hope.
Anyway...my firstborn is age 4 and my second born is age 2, and I had preeclampsia with both of them. Both times, it wasn't a full diagnosis until I was in labor at term (38w4d with 1st kid, 40w1d with second). My BP had been slightly up in the weeks prior, but no protein leaking.
This OB wants to just monitor me closely and also have me check my BP at home (I have yet to purchase a cuff, but it's on my to-do list). I'd likely be induced at term, perhaps 37-38w if I can make it that long before full-blown PE. I know maternal outcomes for a situation like mine are quite favorable, and since my PE didn't really take hold until after my 2nd born was a few hours old, that's a route I think I'd prefer.
So. Nervous of course, with the idea of 3 children and 1st trimester jitters, and wondering if I'll be ok or if I'll have PE again. Here's to it! Let's do this.
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.