Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Hello! 14 weeks now...

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Hello! 14 weeks now...

Postby snowdrop » Fri Feb 15, 2013 04:05 am

Hello!

I am pregnant with my 2nd child. My daughter was born at 37 weeks 5lb 8oz after induction. I had severe pre eclampsia but luckily my bloods were good just lots of protein, the high bp, feeling odd and unwell and twitchy, v brisk reflexes. I had mag sulph drip during labour as my blood pressure got a lot worse that day and I was vomiting. I stayed in hosp 1 week and took labetalol for 6 weeks.

I'm now 14 weeks pregnant. So far my bp is low, but then it was last time. I'm quite calm just now and hope I stay this way!

I saw an expert in the UK who has done a lot of research into PE. One things he suggested was looking at my PAPP-A blood result from the nuchal screening as there's been a link with low PAPP-A and PE. Luckily mine has come back normal, so that's a good start.

I'm being seen every appt by a doctor at the hospital and will have a uterine doppler scan at 23 weeks, and regular growth scans from 28 weeks.

Look forward to 'meeting' others in the same position as me and mutual support on here. Once I'm 20+ weeks I know I shall start to worry more!

Kate
snowdrop

Re: Hello! 14 weeks now...

Postby kaxy » Thu Mar 21, 2013 03:11 pm

Best wishes for your second pregnancy!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: Hello! 14 weeks now...

Postby trish » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:01 pm

Welcome! Glad to hear everything is going well so far this time :)
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?