Help?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Re: Help?

Postby afaiz » Tue Feb 26, 2013 07:20 pm

Hi Caryn,

Thanks for the info I guess I had super-imposed preeclampsia. It developed so quickly into hellp & eclampsia but I also have a positive ANA so not sure what all my issues were. I think I just wanted to feel a sense of relief that its completely normal this time or in the normal range I should say Pap-A was .75 and HCG was .84 so I felt relief for a second now I'm concerned about it being to low... I guess I'm just terrified I started having itching and problems with liver enzymes and bile acids being high at about 16-17 weeks and I'm 16 weeks tomm...which was diagnosed as cholestasis and then at 24.5 weeks I had an eclampsia seizure and hellp syndrome... Lost my daughter and so I am having a lot of panic attacks worrying that it will happen again and I don't think that's helping my blood pressure any...

Thanks for reading :-)
afaiz

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Feb 27, 2013 01:27 am

Glad Caryn chimed in with all the awesome info! That stuff is all greek to me! :)

My husband and I were similar- only one could freak out and worry at a time, and usually it was my turn! :) The hospital you plan to deliver at might have a mental health department where you might find someone. It was helpful to see the person at the hospital so that I could also get used to being there.

Keep posted!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Wed Feb 27, 2013 09:20 am

If it's in the normal range, it isn't too low. :D
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Pregnant Again?