Weekend in the hospital

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Weekend in the hospital

Postby cindergretta » Tue Mar 05, 2013 01:29 pm

I went for an appt on Friday, was admitted, and was released yesterday. My peri figures I can be home for another 2-3 weeks before going back in to the hospital until delivery. I am 28 weeks.

I have never had things start sliding downhill this early. It has always been after 30 weeks with delivery between 34-36 weeks. I am pretty nervous now.

I see my peri on Friday again.

He upped my Atenolol and doubled my Hydralazine. I hope it buys Bellyfish a lot more time, but I am keeping my expectations low. :-/
cindergretta

Re: Weekend in the hospital

Postby cc » Tue Mar 05, 2013 03:00 pm

Oh no :( hope the home bed rest buys you many more weeks!
cc

Re: Weekend in the hospital

Postby trish » Tue Mar 05, 2013 04:50 pm

Sorry to hear you had to spend the weekend in the hospital! How often will you be having appts now? Are they going to start NSTs and/or BPP and U/S? Are you monitoring your BP at home and doing kick counts?

I hope it was just a small blip & that you have many, many weeks more of baby baking time! Hang in there!
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year
trish
Forum Moderator

Return to Pregnant Again?