Post Reply FAQ Members Login

17 Weeks & Feeling Cuckoo!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

17 Weeks & Feeling Cuckoo!

Postby mama2nata » Wed May 08, 2013 08:46 pm

by mama2nata (1 Posts), Wed May 08, 2013 08:46 pm

Hi there, I am brand new to this site/forum community so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a BEAUTIFUL 16 month old daughter who was born after a very "adventure-filled" pregnancy & three days of labor via c-section. I am now 17 weeks along with our next sweet bundle of all things wonderful & I feel like every day I am losing my mind just a little bit more. So far, so good! Yet, if there's even a strange twinge or anything, I'm completely panicked. It is like I am just waiting for something to go wrong. I had multiple 8 days stays at the hospital through my pregnancy with my daughter..and nooow? I've been fine! Granted, I'm not to the point in this pregnancy that I was in that one when things started to get hinky & I was diagnosed with preeclampsia..but I just feel like a total nutjob. I don't know how to just be "normal pregnant"..I don't know how to not freak out over having preeclampsia again and in a twisted way almost wanting it because it was MY "normal"? (I can't believe I'm actually typing that!) I am just a bundle of emotions and sheer panic half the time...well..when I'm not chasing little missy around. I feel like I just don't know what the heck I'm doing! We were SO BLESSED to have our sweet girl arrive healthy albeit a bit early! Why would I want to go through all of that again?! And in the same breath I'm saying, OH PLEASE NO!

I'm a mess. :?
mama2nata

Re: 17 Weeks & Feeling Cuckoo!

Postby sam10 » Thu May 09, 2013 03:50 pm

by sam10 (1441 Posts), Thu May 09, 2013 03:50 pm

Hello and welcome. Being pregnant after having had preeclampsia in a previous pregnancy means (to most of us) finding ways of dealing with anxiety, panic, and whatnot. I think I never noticed my body and its doings as much as during my second pregnancy. Every twinge was carefully evaluated. And oh how many times I called my docs office :-)
It is unfortunately totally normal to feel the way you do. Around here the motto is one day at a time.
Let us know how it goes. Sending you hugs :-)
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: 17 Weeks & Feeling Cuckoo!

Postby kaxy » Sun May 12, 2013 09:08 pm

by kaxy (98 Posts), Sun May 12, 2013 09:08 pm

Hi! We are due roughly the same time. I did Hypnobabies with my 2nd child (loved it!) and the other day decided to start listening to my pregnancy affirmations and other tracks, even though I won't re-start the course for awhile. I feel like I need to get my head on straight here. I'm on high-alert for pre-e problems of course, but at the same time I want to enjoy this (quite likely) last pregnancy and not be overly fearful. It is hard!

Feeling any kicks yet? Those early movements are the best!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Return to Pregnant Again?