Post Reply FAQ Members Login

Need help in Fort Worth

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Need help in Fort Worth

Postby jedbelv » Tue May 28, 2013 07:05 pm

by jedbelv (6 Posts), Tue May 28, 2013 07:05 pm

Hi everyone,

I have had chronic hypertension for ten years. It developed shortly after I delivered my second son (I was 24 yrs. old) and never went away. When I got pregnant with my third son three years later, my blood pressure was completely uncontrollable during the last trimester. Very scary. He was born 5lbs 8 oz, three weeks before the due date, completely healthy. He is now 6 yrs. old. I vowed I would never go through that again, but just took a pregnancy test today that came back (faintly) positive. I took another and the same thing showed up. I am in shock. My immediate worry is to find a good OB that is familiar with hypertension in pregnancy. Six yrs ago, the Ob that I was seeing during my last pregnancy, refused to test my protein even when my blood pressure was 160/115 in the last month of pregnancy. It was a horrible experience! Can someone please email me recommendations for the Fort Worth, Texas area? I live in North Fort Worth near Keller.
3 wonderful sons ages 13, 10, and 6.

Son #1 and son #2 both born at 40 weeks, both weighed above 8 lbs and both pregnancies were completely problem free.

Suddenly developed chronic hypertension immediately AFTER second son was delivered ( Blood pressure was fine during entire pregnancy, but went up right after delivery. So strange!) and have been on BP meds ever since. I was 24 yrs old at the time.

Son #3 born in 2007 at 37 weeks, 5 lbs 8 oz. Methyldopa started in second trimester.
Baby #4 due Feb. 10 2014. Praying for a healthy pregnancy!
jedbelv

Re: Need help in Fort Worth

Postby laughinggirl127 » Fri May 31, 2013 05:27 am

by laughinggirl127 (75 Posts), Fri May 31, 2013 05:27 am

Sent you a msg
DS born 2003- 39 weeks preeclampsia, 6LBS 7oz
DD born 2009-32 weeks preeclampsia, 3LBS 1oz
DD born 2012-38 weeks, PIH, IUGR 5lbs 4oz- no pree
laughinggirl127

Re: Need help in Fort Worth

Postby miss_gennab » Thu Jun 06, 2013 01:44 pm

by miss_gennab (1 Posts), Thu Jun 06, 2013 01:44 pm

I can't tell you where to go but I can tell you who to avoid, *******; she ignored all of my symptoms and told me to go home. She thought I was over-reacting. Thankfully I was educated on the subject and knew to go straight to the hospital, and thank the Lord I did. I was immediately sent to labor and delivery, put on magnesium sulfate and delivered my sweet baby boy by emergency C-section just a few hours later. The staff at *********in downtown Fort Worth were amazing, unlike Dr. *****, and I'm sad that I can't deliver this baby there.
Last edited by sam10 on Thu Jun 06, 2013 03:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: deleted name of Dr. and hospital; if you want to share such info, please do so via PM
miss_gennab

Return to Pregnant Again?