Post Reply FAQ Members Login

28w and things are looking good!

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

28w and things are looking good!

Postby kaxy » Fri Jul 19, 2013 01:49 pm

by kaxy (98 Posts), Fri Jul 19, 2013 01:49 pm

I'm very happy about this 28-week mark that I'm at today. Wanted to share, I passed my glucose tolerance test (the 1-hour one) with a 120...no squeaking by there! I was borderline pass/fail with my first two kids, so having this healthy margin makes me feel really good.

Also, I'm measuring at 28w for fundal height. I was measuring small with both of my other kids by this point, so glad that's on track now, too.

My BP was excellent at my checkup, too. YAY!

Still no idea if I'll get pre-e again, but I'm reassured by those things going my way so far!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: 28w and things are looking good!

Postby whereowhere » Sun Jul 21, 2013 05:18 pm

by whereowhere (56 Posts), Sun Jul 21, 2013 05:18 pm

That's wonderful!! Congratulations! I am 30 weeks 3 days now too and amazed with everyday I make it with no signs.. of PE or other complications. Keep with the updates!
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Pregnant again, due September 26, 2013. Praying for a pre-e free pregnancy.

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

C-section planned for September 5, 2013 at exactly 37 weeks.
whereowhere

Return to Pregnant Again?