BP creeping up, or normal?

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

BP creeping up, or normal?

Postby kaxy » Sun Aug 04, 2013 08:26 pm

I've been checking my BP at home once in awhile and logging it in an app. It's usually weekly, though lately as I've gotten further along (now 30 weeks) I'm checking it more often. Last night, I was disappointed to see 133/89. Ten minutes later, it was 125/89, but the diastolic is still higher than I'd prefer.

Today it is doing better, 118/82.

Last month, I was more in the 1-teen/75ish range.

I go to the OB tomorrow for a regular appointment and will share my readings with her and get her take. Of course even my worst BP so far is technically still ok, even though it was squeaking up there.

Is it true that BP just is a little lower in the 2nd trimester, and then goes up a bit in the third anyway?

I know I could certainly develop pre-e with this pregnancy and would be surprised if I didn't, but Lord help me make it to full-term first!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Re: BP creeping up, or normal?

Postby kaxy » Mon Aug 05, 2013 03:43 pm

My BP is doing better today and yesterday -- 118/75. Whew! My appointment went well today. Measuring on-target, weight gain is good, BP good, protein fine.

Barring any overt pre-e symptoms, I'll just carry on until 39-40w. The doc said definitely not past 40w, but if my cervix was favorable at 39 we could talk induction. Of course, if I have pre-e it would be sooner.

Normally I'd be anti-induction, but with my history I just hope I hit 37w and go into labor a few days later or so!
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.
kaxy

Postby princess purr » Mon Aug 05, 2013 06:59 pm

Glad your appointment went well. I'm 21 weeks, and today mine was 103/66 which I found disappointing because it has been 90's/50's or low 60's.... I guess when you have had PE in the past it is normal to stalk and worry about your blood pressure.
Val (34) & Carlos (32)
Married: April 29th 2011
Veronica Rosina, 11/25/2004-11/27/2004
Born at 26.5 weeks (1 lb 4oz, 14 inches) because of severe preeclampsia (doc says I was on my way to HELLP but not there yet)
Nicholas Robert, 11/22/2013 7 lb 7oz 19.5 inches, born at 36 weeks (due to previous classical c-section) PE FREE!!!!!!
princess purr

Postby ebonymama » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:12 am

hello ladies,

i just joined seeking out answers and doing research on how i can control my hypertension as i now pregnant again...my first was lost at 33 weeks due to placenta abruption.... :cry:

before my pregnancy my bps were normal with bp meds like teens to 120's over 70's and 80's now my regular doc has changed it to methyldopa or aldomet (pregnancy anti hypertensive medication) and that is not working so good....i dont think the docs know of anything else...i live in the caribbean...we are so behind with healthcare... :cry:

i doh know what to do......

may i ask what meds yall are on so i can mention it to the doc so she can look into it....
ebonymama

Return to Pregnant Again?