by kaxy (98 Posts), Thu Sep 12, 2013 05:09 pm
Well darn it all. My blood pressure was getting in the unacceptable range on my home cuff last night, and I went into labor and delivery. They were not so great there either, but it did calm down. My blood labs were all normal. No protein.
My worst bp was 160/85 today at the ob, and I have also had some diastolic in the 103s. It came on fast. I just felt off all day, ya know?
Today a trace of protein in the dip. Doc gave labetelol prescription and that is helping. Also a stereroid shot and another tomorrow. Tomorrow is 36w.
This is coming on sooner than my other kids, but then again I didn't have a home cuff.
Hopefully will make it another week and we'll just have to see if I should wait longer or induce.
If my bp is fine with the meds, maybe wait a little longer?
I dunno. Just doing a day at a ti and trying to stay calm.
DS born Dec. 2008 at 38.5w gestation. Mild PE diagnosed 3 hours before he was born
DD born Dec. 2010 at 40w1d. BP was slightly elevated since 37w, and climbed while in labor (started on my own). Severe PE diagnosed hours after DD born.
DD born Sept. 2013 at 38w. Induced (and I had to fight for it!) due to high blood pressure. No protein, but had brisk reflexes and clonus after delivery. Doc gave me a mild preeclampsia diagnosis anyway and said I'm likely to be a chronic hypertensive later in life.