Pregnant soon after severe Pre-e

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Pregnant soon after severe Pre-e

Postby rbea » Thu Sep 26, 2013 08:14 am

Lost my daugter at 23 weeks in June and now suprised with pregnancy. 5 weeks now. Going to see the doctor asap. I feel guilty for this happening so soon, I don't want to lose another baby to my body.
Trying to keep calm.
rbea

Re: Pregnant soon after severe Pre-e

Postby sam10 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 06:09 pm

Congratulations! I know it is scary to go through a pregnancy after a loss. Let us know how your appoinent goes. Fingers crossed for a take-home baby.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Re: Pregnant soon after severe Pre-e

Postby allexx » Wed Dec 18, 2013 06:15 am

Congratulations and you are lucky! No reasons to feel guitly .. there is nothing in your hands to change .. Be happy, have faith and hope!

I was finally pregnant after years of trying, waiting and ivf (unexplained infertility), and then I lost my daughter in June 12th, 2013 at 24 weeks due to severe hellp (no identified cause for hellp, and I was in IC for 5 days ..really nobody sure if I will survive). I will try again next year, through the pain and emotions of ivf, and with my age going up to 39 + the risk for pre-e/ hellp again [if any of these will ever happen again...].

Stay positive! All my best thoughts with you! Take care of you, two!!
Big hug!
allexx

Return to Pregnant Again?