bloody noses and insomnia

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

bloody noses and insomnia

Postby jean » Fri Nov 22, 2013 09:51 pm

Last night I started getting really nervous about this pregnancy. It seems to be mimicking my first sooo closely...and most recently, I started getting kind of a stuffy nose..but I don't feel like I have a cold. It seems to really take hold at night when I'm lying down. And I don't have a runny bloody nose, but whenever I blow it, there is blood.
(Plus I'm just sleeping horrible.)

The thing is, this exact same thing happened to me about a month before I got sick in my first pregnancy. Please tell me that bloody noses have nothing to do with HELLP/pre-e...
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/
jean

Re: bloody noses and insomnia

Postby jean » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:08 pm

Also, throughout the pregnancy I've been experiencing heart palpaltaitons....which scare me. I told my Dr. about them though, and he said that can happen with pregnancy..he asked if I've been having any chest pain or anything (which I haven't)...*sigh* I am just so nervous about this whole thing. (trying to relax, but am scared)
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

jean

Postby laughinggirl127 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 00:38 am

I will say that I had a bloody nose in my first pregnancy with pree that was related to how high my blood pressure was. But it was a full on running down my face bloody nose that took 10 minutes to stop. I would venture to say that since it is winter that your bloody nose is more related to the fact that we have stuffy noses during pregnancy that are related to being pregnant and the fact that you are probably running your heater in the house. Hot dry air can cause stuffy bloody noses. I would either start using saline nasal spray or putting a humidifier in your room at night so that you are not drying out in the night. Dry nose will cause the stuffy/bloody nose. I would try one of the moisturizing issues and see if that doesn't help.
DS born 2003- 39 weeks preeclampsia, 6LBS 7oz
DD born 2009-32 weeks preeclampsia, 3LBS 1oz
DD born 2012-38 weeks, PIH, IUGR 5lbs 4oz- no pree
laughinggirl127

Postby sam10 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 07:18 pm

I had a stuffy nose in my second pregnancy, which even caused some weird headaches. Only decongestants really helped. It was like a mild constant sinus infection. From what I heard, this can be normal. I read that up to 30 percent of pregnant women have congestion without having allergies or a viral infection like the common cold. This condition even has a name: rhinitis of pregnancy. :D
If you google this, you can find a lot of info on that topic. It is rather annoying, I know.
Congratulations on your pregnancy :-) How far along are you?
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Sun Nov 24, 2013 03:14 pm

I'm 15 weeks. Feeling very nervous this go around!

jean

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Nov 24, 2013 05:41 pm

Just wanted to share- the time of year we were pregnant with our first and third was similar- and it made for a much more worried mama. It was kinda hard to parse out what was same that was wrong, from what was same due to just the conditions you face when pregnant in the middle of the summer- and for your perhaps- during the winter. Just wanted to share to share, not to discount your mommy gut. Just because your 2nd pregnancy went smoothly, don't hesitate to ask for extra monitoring to soothe your needs.

Best,
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby sam10 » Sun Nov 24, 2013 08:46 pm

Yay, fingers crossed for a long and boring pregnancy. Let us know how you are doing:-)
As Lauren suggested, please don't hesitate to talk to your doctor about any of your symptoms. I remember that in my second pregnancy I called my doc's office a gazillion times.
~Julija (40)
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
Henry (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
Matilda (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

Our pain has been put into words, placed into empty cradles, to remember that all our babies lived, that they mattered and always will. - Field of Cradles http://www.fieldofcradles.org/
sam10
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Wed Dec 04, 2013 08:51 am

I've also been having quite a few heart palpaltations..which really freaks me out. My Dr. asked if I had any chest pain and I said no...he said that the heart works harder in pregnancy, so people can have palpaltations. It worries me though.

jean

Postby MomTimesThree » Wed Dec 04, 2013 04:09 pm

I find this to be the most stressful thing about pregnancy- so many symptoms are normal... unless they're not and it's so hard to know when is which. I'm glad you're continuing to report everything to your doctor so they can take the big picture approach. I would feel nervous too. It's totally unfair and scary to deal with any wacky symptoms when you are high risk to begin with!

Continuing to send healthy wishes your way!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Postby jean » Sat Dec 14, 2013 09:41 pm

Could someone please remind me again how much weight gain overnight (or over a period of 2 to 3 days) should put a person on alert? I gained 2 lbs 1 day and 2 more the next.

*sigh*

And though I'm "measuring on" at my doctor visits, I feel as though my bump is not as large as it should be at this point. (I felt this way in my first pg as well. In my 2nd pg, my bump was large and healthy)

I just have a bad feeling about this one, and am worried.

jean

Next

Return to Pregnant Again?