Flashing lights

Are you pregnant again after having preeclampsia once already in a previous pregnancy? Post your thoughts/concerns here - there are others who share your feelings. This is also the home of our Bedrest Buddies Support group.

Flashing lights

Postby anny4 » Wed May 07, 2014 08:35 am

Hey, just wanted to know if flashing lights is always a sign of preeclampsia or could it be due to extreme stress. Like I said in my previous post, I had blood tests done and they found nothing. I'm only 20 weeks. Please tell me I hav some hope. + I wanted to know if I hav no notching would that be a good thing . Thnx
anny4

Re: Flashing lights

Postby alviarin » Sun May 18, 2014 04:32 am

Hi how are you feeling? Still seeing flashing lights?

My SIL would feel lightheaded and see floaters during pregnancy, like when standing up too quickly, so it can be a regular pregnancy symptom too. Her blood pressure was on the low side though.

Do you have any other symptoms?
Hypothyroid mom to Connor and Claire
(severe pre-e at 38 weeks & "mild" pre-e at 37 weeks)
& baby Annabelle
(chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby anny4 » Tue May 20, 2014 09:27 am

I had blurred vision for a second on my right eye but I put that to being tired and not sleeping though the night due to anxi ety Haven't had it since 2 weeks. Thanks for asking. What's your opinion on notching.
anny4

Postby caryn » Wed May 21, 2014 02:47 am

You didn't ask me but I have an opinion on notching, so I'm going to shoot my mouth off!

Notching isn't considered terribly useful as a diagnostic indicator. It can be present early and then be outgrown later in the pregnancy. It doesn't always appear in pregnancies that are going to become preeclamptic and it does appear in pregnancies that do not become preeclamptic.

We've had a number of posters with notching that went nowhere.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies? Lectures from researchers?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy
caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby anny4 » Fri May 23, 2014 04:11 pm

Yesterday when i was very tired at night half asleep using my phone i saw a blue light. i do not know if this could be due to tiredness or it was rays from the phone. My bp today was 120/76, 111,60
anny4

Return to Pregnant Again?